Associate Research Analyst (Seattle or New York)
Business Unit:Investment Division
Russell Investments (“RI”) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Private Markets Research team. This individual will partner with senior deal team members around investment thesis development and will support underwriting as well as monitoring efforts across a multi-billion pool of private markets managers (“GPs”) used by RI’s discretionary portfolio managers.
Based in either our Seattle or New York office, the Associate Research Analyst will support RI’s private markets research efforts through the analysis of data, maintenance of our proprietary manager database, documenting meetings with GP’s, and preparing formal due diligence memos alongside senior members of the private markets team. In addition to evaluating private markets managers, the Associate Research Analyst will be expected to deepen and grow their understanding of capital markets, private market fundamentals, and the evolving regulatory environment in which GPs operate.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $85,000
Specific compensation will be based on candidate’s experience, skills, qualifications, commercial considerations, and other job-related factors permitted by law. At Russell Investments, salary is just one part of our compensation package. Our total rewards approach includes an annual performance bonus (subject to eligibility criteria) in addition to participation in our competitive benefits programs including healthcare, retirement, vacation, and wellbeing programs.
Your Core Responsibilities:
- Supporting the private market research program for RI’s private markets team including:
- Assisting senior investment staff in the analysis needed to support underwriting and funding decisions related to discretionary portfolio assignments
- Gathering and analyzing information from industry sources including trade publications, third party vendors as well as directly from private market managers
- Monitoring and reporting on market developments for inclusion in periodic market update and related strategic research reports
- Documenting manager meetings efficiently and effectively
- Working closely with other departments within Russell Investments such as Operations, Risk Management, Operational Due Diligence, and Legal, when needed
- Bachelor’s degree and 1 – 2 years of corporate experience with a strong understanding of capital markets
- Experience as a research associate, portfolio analyst, trader, risk manager or consulting analyst is preferred
- Candidates studying or intending to participate in the CFA program and/or working towards the CAIA designation are preferred
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Experience in programming including Python, R, C++, and Java is preferred
- Analytical Ability
- Able to act quickly and accurately to identify and analyze relevant information regarding work tasks
- Able to make accurate use of logic and consider all relevant factors to make rational, realistic and sound decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-driven, and good time management skills
- Collaboration and Teamwork – strong team player who promotes the work of the group, shares knowledge and information and can work effectively with a range of people
Equal Employment Opportunity
Russell Investments is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all associates and employment applicants regardless of race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, gender (including gender identity which refers to a person's actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with a person's biological sex), age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, past or present unemployment status , or any other characteristic protected by law.