EDM Software Development Engineer in Test
Business Unit:Global Information Technology
Reporting To:Senior Software Development Engineer in Test I
Shift:EMEA/UK (1:30 pm - 10:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Information Technology Applications team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors.
As a Markit EDM Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) you will be responsible for the full testing lifecycle of Russell Investment’s enterprise data solutions, mainly using Markit EDM and SQL Server. You will collaborate with key stakeholders and business partners to clarify requirements and create test plans. You will develop automated test suites to minimize regression risks and improve test coverage. You will play a key role in the implementation of future strategic data initiatives at Russell Investments.
Years of Experience
3-5 years of testing or relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of experience testing Markit EDM solutions for a financial services organization.
- Understanding of basic end-to-end Markit EDM processes such as loading, matching, mastering, inspections, and orchestration/scheduling concepts
- Experience of Markit EDM user interface testing experience a plus
- 3+ years of experience creating scripts & testing within MS SQL Server
- Proficient in writing SQL queries for testing purposes
- Experience in testing end-to-end data flows and data transformation.
- 3+ years of experience developing automated test solutions.
- Experience in asset management and good understanding of market/financial data
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams, including business unit teams, to deliver solutions through all phases of the SDLC required.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience developing automated test solutions using is a strong plus.
- Experience in business and data analysis a plus.
- Analyze, design, and implement test solutions using Markit EDM application that support development and business teams.
- Create automation solutions to meet business needs, improve client experience, or develop more efficient testing processes. Ability and willingness to contribute to the advancement of team and business capabilities.
- Work directly with business units to ensure that you have a solid understanding of the business goals and that the delivered solutions adhere to those goals.
- Proactively identify major issues, risks, and dependencies, and manage them to mitigate their impact.
- Proven experience collaborating with multiple teams, including development and business unit teams, to deliver solutions through all aspects of the SDLC required.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline, or equivalent work or education-related experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.