Manager, Go To Market (GTM)
Business Unit:Global Distribution Operations
Reporting To:Global GTM COO
Shift:EMEA/UK (1:30 pm - 10:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
The Manager, Go To Market (GTM) role will contribute to our global sales and service efforts as both a manager and an individual contributor. In this capacity the Manager, GTM will lead the Mumbai-based sales operations, RFP, and analyst teams and report directly to the GTM COO.
The Manager, GTM - Mumbai role is responsible and accountable for leading teams that work with sales and service leaders globally in collecting and analyzing prospect information, preparing draft RFP documents, owning the collection and disposition of JIRA tickets related to CRM and our global sales technology stack. This role is also expected to manage a team of analysts, RFP writers, sales operations and business intelligence professionals who work individually and as a team to deliver data-driven insights to the sales and service organizations as required.
The Manager, GTM - Mumbai will work in conjunction with sales and service leaders around the world, as well as product and strategy team members as required, to ensure Russell Investments meets its sales objectives and maximizes sales contributor time and effort in the market.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Fully support all active sales operations, business intelligence and sale enablement data analysis and output from the global Director of Sales Operations. Execute on any sales technology projects as required.
- Oversee and assist in the completion of all first drafts of institutional and retail RFP’s, leveraging databases of prior answers and agreed-upon best practice. Enhance and refine RFP answers over time and deploy technology (i.e. AI) to improve the RFP response process globally.
- Manage a pool of analyst talent assigned to assist with sales and service data, including but not limited to collecting and analyzing investment returns, investment manager data, client performance information, and other data sources and uses to optimize global sales and service teams and the client experience.
Mentorship and Leadership
- Recruit and hire new Analysts and RFP writers as needed.
- Drive long-term hiring strategy through successful networking within and outside of Russell Investments.
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to Analysts and RFP writers in one-on-one coaching sessions, midyear and annual reviews.
- Manage associates' development through a well-executed career path and coaching strategy.
- Facilitate team communication and collaboration.
- Support long term sales and service strategies, identify optimization opportunities, and build optimal sales, service, and sales operations coverage through successful team structure.
- Contribute to the planning of growth strategies to build out Russell Investments Mumbai office team.
- Representation and participation at all required global and regional GTM team meetings.
In addition, the individual in this position will on occasion be required to engage in the following activities and lead others in learning how to:
- Develop data sets around institutional investors and financial advisors globally and furnish this data to the Director of Sales Operations in an effort to drive improved sales and service outcomes.
- Supervise and lead in the delivery of sales and service analysis and insights, providing draft materials in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) that ultimately end up in the hands of our field teams, clients and prospects.
- Communicate Russell's product and service offerings to potential investors via professionally drafted RFP responses that successfully utilize agreed-upon high quality answers, formatting, and deliverables.
- Participate in global GTM leadership team meetings and execute against strategic vision and tactical plans.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- 5+ years of experience with a proven success record of asset management experience, with experience in sales operations, business intelligence or analyst work highly preferred.
- Strong team leadership skills including ongoing hiring, training, communication and performance management.
- Strong business judgment, resource management, data fluency and financial services knowledge.
- MBA/MS in finance, business, or related field. BS degree with relevant management experience in the financial services industry will be considered
- Experience managing a team of 5-10 team members.
- Strong project management skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.