Data Operations Analyst
Business Unit:Global Operations
Reporting To:Global Head of Investment and Data Operations
Shift:US/Seattle (8:30 pm - 5:30 am IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
As a Data Operations Analyst, you will provide operational support and services representing Global Operations & Data Management, supporting successful outcomes for both internal and external clients. You will also manage fund, product, index, and account reference data, as well as fundamental data like performance and constituent-level holdings. We aim to provide accurate and timely delivery of data and reports to internal stakeholders and clients. Your daily responsibilities include operational support of systems and feeds utilized in team activities, accurate and timely delivery of data and reports, execution of data research and controls, and assisting in the design, development, and support of corporate initiatives.
Years of Experience
At least 3-5 years previous experience in the financial services industry
- Ability to function successfully in ambiguous conditions.
- Well organized, self-starter with the ability to analyze information and support the team.
- Ability to understand and solve complex problems.
- High attention to detail, ability to identify gaps in processes.
- Experience working with data management and data analysis.
- Industry knowledge in finance and asset management.
- General understanding of databases, database structure, flat file formats, and ETLs.
- Strong background working with SQL to query and analyze data.
- Responsible for managing day to day operations between data providers, data systems and internal/external stakeholders.
- Support Russell Investments universes including but not limited to index, security, performance, pricing data, which includes initial configuration, ingestion and distribution of data within our enterprise data solutions.
- Ensure Day-to-day operational responsibilities are managed, coordinated, and delivered to the core business clients.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve operational risk.
- Maintains detailed documentation and inventory of all processes.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive company data without exception
- Display exemplary conduct and live by our organizations Code of Conduct
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Excel.
- Comfort with database applications.
- Understanding and knowledge of security data, asset classes.
- Knowledge of SQL and working experience.
- Knowledge of VBA or Python is a plus, but not required.
- Prior experience with Markit EDM, Bloomberg, RIMES, Morningstar and any other data and system providers.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.