Global Fund Services Analyst
Business Unit:Global Operations
Reporting To:Director, Head of US Fund Administration
Shift:EMEA/UK (1:30 pm - 10:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
As a member of the Global Fund Services Team, you will support the administration of funds for all RI products globally, including the U.S., Canada, EMEA and APAC. Your specific duties would include financial reporting, valuation, audit and tax support, fund expense management, fund compliance, preparation of regulatory and internal fund reporting, and updating of policies and procedures.
Years of Experience
2-5 years of fund servicing experience, with strong preference for candidates with ’40 Act and UCITS fund experience.
- 4-year college degree required.
- Efficiency with Microsoft Office products and overall aptitude for utilizing technology to assist with business processing.
- Experience using VBA, Python, Prism and/or other programming languages a plus
- Prepare regulatory, financial and board reporting for all RI funds globally
- Fund expense budgeting, accruals and disbursements
- Oversight of daily pricing decisions, fund valuation and fair valuation. Preparation and review of pricing reports.
- Monitoring of post-trade fund compliance testing
- Provide audit and tax support, including audit confirmation support and various tax distribution calculation support.
- Promote a streamlined financial operating environment.
- Evaluate and document policies, procedures and internal controls related to various aspects of fund administration processes.
- Working knowledge of the relationships and interactions between investment managers and administrators/custodians/transfer agents.
- Ability to perform technical analysis.
- Extensive knowledge of investment products and securities.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, the Investment Company Act of 1940, U.S Internal Revenue Code, CFTC Rules, ERISA and UCITS a plus.
- Demonstrate an understanding of various complex derivative instruments, including complex swap instruments, futures, and options.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze complex issues, research solutions, prioritize workload and bring regulatory testing issues to resolution.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure with minimal supervision; ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with State Street and Confluence a plus
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.