Global Fund Services Manager
Business Unit:Global Operations
Reporting To:Director, Head of US Fund Administration
Shift:EMEA/UK (1:30 pm - 10:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
This position is responsible for managing the Global Fund Services Team in India, which will primarily support the U.S. Fund Administration team but will also be an extension of our Global Fund Services teams in Dublin, London, Sydney, Toronto and Tokyo. Individual will manage a team providing operational support on behalf of RI funds globally, supporting successful outcomes for both internal and external clients.
Years of Experience
12-15 years of fund servicing experience, with strong preference for candidates with Investment Company Act of 1940 and UCITS Fund experience.
- Experience leading and managing teams required.
- Working knowledge of the relationships and interactions between investment managers and administrators/custodians/transfer agents.
- Extensive knowledge of investment products and securities, including complex derivative instruments such as swaps, futures, and options.
- Working knowledge of GAAP, the Investment Company Act of 1940, U.S. Internal Revenue Code, CFTC Rules, ERISA and UCITS a plus.
- Demonstrate an ability to analyze complex issues, research solutions, prioritize workload and bring regulatory testing issues to resolution.
- Experience working with State Street and Confluence a plus.
- Track record of improving processes with data and workflow automation.
- Experience using VBA, Python, Prism and/or other programming languages a plus.
- Well organized, self-starter with the ability to analyze information and support the team.
- Ability to communicate complex technical details to all levels of management.
- Must be proficient in MS Office and manage large volumes of email correspondence.
- Ability to train and educate team on servicing fund products of various regulatory jurisdictions.
- Strong global business acumen skills.
- Lead core fund servicing functions.
- Ensure day-to-day operational responsibilities are managed, coordinated, and delivered to the core business clients.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve operational risk.
- Lead the continued growth and development of the Global Fund Services Team, including recruiting, training and managing the team members.
- Fosters an environment that drives tech-enabled integration, innovation and change.
- Maintains detailed documentation and inventory of all processes.
- Experience managing a team of 5 or more.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.