Business Unit:Global Information Technology
Reporting To:Director, CRM Technology
Shift:EMEA/UK (1:30 pm - 10:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
This role is responsible for the delivery of custom software solutions used by internal clients and IT team members. The ideal candidate excels in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile software development environment. They will work both collaboratively and independently throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering, development, testing and deployment. They will learn and incorporate Russell IT standards, tooling, and practices and will be driven to continuously improve Russell’s software quality.
Years of Experience
- 1+ years of Software Development experience required
- 1+ years of experience with any front-end frameworks like angularjs, knockoutjs, reactjs, etc. required
- 1+ years of experience working with SQL or NoSQL databases required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related engineering field required. Advanced degree preferred
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms required.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams, including business unit teams, to deliver solutions through all aspects of the SDLC required
- High proficiency with full stack development skills including UI, web, middle-tier, and database required
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Agile methodologies required
- Proven ability to stay current with emerging technologies through work experience, academics, or self-study required
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery required
- SQL database schema design experience required
- Financial services experience or relevant education or self-study preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface with all domains and seniority levels in the organization
- Experience with Git version control preferred
- Full time hours required, with additional hours as necessary
- Ability to communicate clearly and build trusted relationships with others
- Ability to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency and enthusiasm
- Ability to ensure the (external or internal) client’s perspective is a driving force behind decisions and actions.
- Ability to be a collaborative team player with the ability to interact well with all levels of internal and external personnel and adapt to rapidly changing requirements
- Design and deliver maintainable, testable and reusable production quality code in a corporate financial environment using Agile development practices.
- Design and develop technology solutions by combining technical skills with a solid understanding of business requirements and goals.
- Work directly with business units to implement features in existing software as well as to build new prototypes and software solutions.
- Optimize application performance and stability by anticipating, investigating, and resolving problems ahead of time.
- Programming well-designed, object-oriented software by following the best practices and standards.
- Take responsibility for the analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation of complex technical systems.
- Consistently find and deliver new ways to develop and improve processes and technologies.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Russell Investments Core Competencies.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.