Supervisor, MarkitEDM Production Support
Business Unit:Global Information Technology
Reporting To:Senior Manager, Production Support Engineer
Shift:India (10:00 am - 7:00 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
In this supervisor role, you will be responsible for overseeing the day to day activities associated with supporting of the MarkitEDM production and UAT application and User Interface. You will also have several MarkitEDM support engineers reporting to you who will ensure successful end to end processing of daily regional feeds, resolving workflow issues, reloading historical file requests, deployment of changes development by the MarkitEDM developers, and troubleshooting issues raised by downstream consumers of MarkitEDM data.
The purpose of this MarkitEDM production support supervisor role is to provide frontline technical support of the MarkitEDM application and User Interface to our MarkitEDM development team, data operations team, and downstream internal consumers of MarkitEDM data. You will oversee the day to day activities of several other MarkitEDM support engineers in the Mumbia office, liaison with MarkitEDM developers in London and Seattle, troubleshoot issue with other business critical applications across the Russell Investment landscape.
The MarkitEDM supervisor will mentor, lead, provide technical guidance, in still strong customer service, and encourage best practices to all team members. Combined strengths in both technical and soft skills are a must to be successful in this highly demanding role.
Years of Experience
- 5-7 years MarkitEDM experience
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the financial industry
- MarkitEDM experience either developing or supporting the platform
- Knowledge of data warehousing and management of large volumes of data
- Strong Microsoft SQL skills including updates, deletes, and joins
- Ability to communicate technical details to all levels of management
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving complex issue in a timely manner
- Lead and/or management experience
- Effective at working under pressure in a high paced environment
- a plus
- Experience with Tidal scheduler tool a plus
- Occasional weekend work
- Calls/meetings with Seattle and/or London outside of normal work hours
- Supporting the technology associated with the MarkitEDM application – including interactions with the Investment Division as well as other internal application consumers to provide reliable, scalable, and timely support of the production and UAT environments.
- Providing change management oversight of the application as well as other dependent application changes.
- Final change approval to the Russell production environment and ensuring all changes and processes are properly documented.
- Ensuring internal data integrity which includes regional securities, positions, and pricing data loads. Also providing timely support of issues regarding long running processes, troubleshooting timeout issues with downstream consumers, and investigating data issues internally and/or with data operations.
- Ensuring support coverage 24/7. This position will set up work schedules and rotations, as necessary.
- Assist in managing the vendor relationship, including planning for, and organizing release updates, new installs, new equipment, and software requests in conjunction with Corporate IT, business unit staff and vendor contact.
- Determining technology support needs and assessing availability of resources.
- Coordinating technology efforts with Corporate IT and the business units.
- Providing support to business units in troubleshooting data issues and reaching resolution.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.