Associate Research Technical Analyst
Business Unit:Investment Division
Reporting To:Director, Head of Private Markets Research
Shift:US/Seattle (8:30 pm - 5:30 am IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
Russell Investments (“RI”) is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our Private Markets Research team. This individual will partner with senior deal team members around investment thesis development and will support underwriting as well as monitoring efforts across a multi-billion pool of private markets managers (“GPs”) used by RI’s discretionary portfolio managers.
The Associate Research Analyst will support RI’s private markets research efforts through the analysis of data, maintenance of our proprietary manager database, documenting meetings with GP’s, and preparing formal due diligence memos alongside senior members of the private markets team. In addition to evaluating private markets managers, the Associate Research Analyst will be expected to deepen and grow their understanding of capital markets, private market fundamentals, and the evolving regulatory environment in which GPs operate.
Years of Experience
1-2 years of corporate experience with a strong understanding of capital markets
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Experience as a research analyst, portfolio analyst, trader, risk manager or consulting analyst is preferred.
- Candidates studying or intending to participate in the CFA program and/or working towards the CAIA designation are preferred.
- Supporting the private market research program for RI’s private markets team including:
- Assisting senior investment staff in the analysis needed to support underwriting and funding decisions related to discretionary portfolio assignments
- Gathering and analyzing information from industry sources including trade publications, third party vendors as well as directly from private market managers
- Monitoring and reporting on market developments for inclusion in periodic market update and related strategic research reports
- Documenting manager meetings efficiently and effectively
- Working closely with other departments within Russell Investments such as Operations, Risk Management, Operational Due Diligence, and Legal, when needed
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Experience in programming including Python, R, C++, and Java is preferred
- Analytical Ability
- Able to act quickly and accurately to identify and analyze relevant information regarding work tasks
- Able to make accurate use of logic and consider all relevant factors to make rational, realistic and sound decisions
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-driven, and good time management skills
- Collaboration and Teamwork – strong team player who promotes the work of the group, shares knowledge and information and can work effectively with a range of people
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.