Marketing Data Engineer
Business Unit:Global Marketing
Reporting To:Director, Digital Channel Marketing
Shift:EMEA/UK (1:30 pm - 10:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
As a Marketing Data Engineer, you will be a vital member of our team, responsible for overseeing the collection, storage and flow of data for marketing. Your role will include monitoring, expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture and collection. You will build efficiency into our marketing tech stack by aligning data systems with business goals. We are seeking an intellectually curious individual who upholds unwavering integrity in all aspects of their work.
- A bachelor's degree in Data Science, Analytics or a related field.
- Experience with data storage and processing systems such as SQL and NoSQL databases, data warehouses, CDPs, or cloud platforms.
- Familiarity with data integration methods and tools, such as extract-transform-load (ETL) processes, data pipelines, or APIs.
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques and tools, such as entity-relationship diagrams, dimensional modeling, or schema design and assessing model effectiveness with methods like precision/recall.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, and to translate business requirements into data solutions.
- Creativity and innovation to explore new ways of deriving value from data and solving data-related problems.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills, attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering high-quality work.
- Hands-on experience with SQL required; knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics, SQL Server a plus.
- Data Stewardship, Monitoring and Reporting: Ensuring data accuracy and maintaining high standards of data quality throughout the marketing eco-system.
- Data Architecture and Documentation: work with internal stakeholders to build, maintain and document the technology and data architecture in the Marketing technology stack.
- Integration Management and ETL Workflows: Build and maintain integrations and ETL workflows to ensure data can be efficiently used across the technology stack.
- Query Building and Audience Segmentation: Undertaking requests from Marketing stakeholders to create queries for reporting and audience segmentation purposes.
- Data Modelling and Machine Learning: Conduct data mining using tools for building and maintaining data models (e.g. clustering or predictive models).
- Project Management and Improvement: Drive projects related to marketing data, research process improvements, and recommend data-driven strategies to enhance business outcomes.
- Technology Implementation: Collaborate with the team to implement new technology and analytical tools that enhance marketing analytics capabilities.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.