Travel Coordinator - Mumbai
Business Unit:Global Sourcing & Corporate Services
Reporting To:Manager, Global Travel and Corporate Card Programs
Shift:India (10:00 am - 7:00 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
Joining our Global Corporate Services team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors. Working as part of our Global Travel and Corporate Card Services team you will be a key member of the Business Administration team assisting our clients (internal stakeholders) with all aspects of travel and expense functions. A key component of the Business Administration team is a continued focus on analyzing all functions for process improvement, service enhancement, quality, and efficiency. A successful candidate will be highly motivated and will have the ability to adapt to a transforming work environment while continuing to handle multiple requests with competing deadlines. As well as conduct business in a professional and organized manner.
You will work directly with the Manager, Global Travel and Corporate Card Services to ensure company policies are implemented while assisting associates with business travel needs. You will advise travelers and assist with any need for specialized documents for travel to destinations that require Visas or passports. You will assist with travel arrangements, process travel requests, credit card requests, identify the most cost effective and efficient means of travel, prepare contracts for review, prepare reports, and assist with expense reporting travel approvals.
You will work with associates from all business units within the organization.
Years of Experience
1-2 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree/or college courses and investment industry experience preferred.
- Dynamic, enthusiastic individual, with strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Highly adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced priority driven environment.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
- Project management skills including managing multiple, conflicting deadlines, and coordinating delivery directly with clients.
- High level of professionalism; confidentiality, discretion, and judgment; personable, approachable, and courteous
- Strong attention to detail; meticulous attention to quality of work product
- Ability to work independently with little supervision on projects.
- Ability to work under pressure, to deadlines, without sacrificing quality.
- Demonstrated ability to provide high level client service.
- Compiling and filing expense reports using multiple currencies.
- Processing Invoices timely and accurately via the appropriate workflow
- Maintain and update administrative SOPs as required.
- Composing and preparing correspondence and presentations, noting and respecting confidentiality.
- Prepare documents and presentation materials while editing for correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and format.
- Business Administration team backup & support
- Develop and maintain quality relationships with clients and team members.
- Work in partnership with the administrative team to identify, create and streamline processes/policies.
- Proactively prioritize and facilitate your workload/daily calendar.
- Understanding corporate policies (travel, expense, compliance) to ensure tasks are completed within the scope of said policies.
- Variety of Administrative tasks to support GTM Team (business cards, marketing material fulfilment/inventory control, client reimbursements)
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Research and compare available travel and hotel accommodations to identify the best option.
- Obtain approval from leadership for requests and expenses that exceed policy limits.
- Advise travellers and assist with any required documents for the destination.
- Track and facilitate the use of the company corporate card, frequent traveler programs and other applicable reward and loyalty programs.
- Assist with sourcing hotel venues for outsourced meetings, client events and other programs.
- Assist with onboarding of new associates.
- Become an administrator of various platforms including Egencia, Concur, SharePoint, Groupize, and corporate card banking management platforms.
- Proficient in MS Office including Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficient in technologies and programs such as Concur Expense, OneNote, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Zoom, mobile devices, and mobile applications.
- Knowledge of the travel industry or desire to learn.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.