Product Operations Analyst
Business Unit:Global Operations
Reporting To:Associate Director
Shift:EMEA/UK (1:30 pm - 10:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
As an Product Operations Analyst on the team, you will work closely with associates across Russell Investments including portfolio managers, analysts, and traders to deliver operational support for account opening, trade settlement, and maintenance of internal direct investing strategies, new product launches, and 3rd party assignments.
Years of Experience
At least 2 years previous experience in the financial services industry
- College Degree in Operations, Business Management, Finance, Economics Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Well organized, self-starter with the ability to analyze information and support the team
- Must be proficient in MS Office and manage large volumes of email correspondence
- Strong global business acumen skills
- Organized, analytical, detail-oriented, and precise with numbers, with a solid understanding of the securities/fund industry as well as investment concepts and strategies
- Strong individual contributor and team player in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments under short deadlines
- Ability to identify potential issues and promote efficient resolution; ability to set and pursue goals and demonstrate a commitment to organizational success
- Excellent communication skills, understanding how to tailor communication style to the situation at hand
- Familiarity with custodian, broker, and money manager operations
- Strong computer skills, including advanced proficiency with Excel and comfort with database applications. Knowledge of SQL, VBA or Python is a plus but not required
- Ability to adapt quickly and readily to change and embrace new opportunities
- Intellectual curiosity to perform a “deep-dive” into new subject material
- Establishing credit to trade foreign exchange (FX) spot and forward transactions with counterparty banks
- Operational setup of FX, Equity, Fixed Income and Derivative accounts in our internal systems as well as 3rd-party platforms
- Assisting Portfolio Managers/Traders with implementing new client trading strategies. This includes analyzing data received from clients, internal systems, custodians, and vendors with an overarching objective of setting up the client's portfolio in our internal systems.
- Driving efficiencies in the onboarding processes across all instrument types
- Managing fund/client documentation including tax forms, prospectuses, investment management agreements, settlement instructions
- Working with FCM counterparties to establish derivative clearing accounts for trading instruments such as listed options, exchange-traded futures, and credit derivatives.
- Following the lifecycle of various FX, Equity, Fixed Income and Derivative products/assignments from account setup to trade affirmation/matching, variation margin/collateral and settlement
- Evaluating and improve existing operational processes and maintaining up-to-date procedures to reduce risk, increase efficiency, and support regulatory requirements and business initiatives
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of associates across many cultures
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.