Trading & Rebalancing Analyst
Business Unit:Global Operations
Reporting To:Associate Director
Shift:EMEA/UK (1:30 pm - 10:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
This position is responsible for providing operational expertise for global client portfolio trading and rebalancing operations and position maintenance. This position will work with global client relationship managers, portfolio managers, traders, and other shared service associates (legal, risk, compliance, finance, investment fund operations) daily to scale our operation.
The primary responsibility of Analyst, Trading and Rebalancing is to provide high quality rebalancing and cash flow implementation services for Russell Investment's global clients. You will be responsible for validating that cash flow instructions are received in good order while ensuring timely and accurate processing of those instructions. The role includes creation of and validation of rebalance activities and implementing transactions within associated systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of all trading activity. You will interact with portfolio management, global client service as well as global operations.
Years of Experience
At least 3-5 years previous experience in the financial services industry
- Well organized, self-starter with the ability to analyze information and support the team
- Must be proficient in MS Office and manage large volumes of email correspondence
- Strong global business acumen skills
- Experience in a financial operations or trading environment focused on transaction processing, custody, trust accounting, and related services for trust clients
- Understanding of asset allocation and rebalancing from an operational and transaction processing perspective
- Proficiency with spreadsheet applications, data manipulation, database applications
- Superior communication and people relationships skills, both in writing and person to person
- College Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance, Economics Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
- Daily processing of cash flow activities based on client requests and Russell initiated activity; execute daily trading activities, assigned value added activities and other operational services in a timely, complete and accurate manner; work with internal and external parties to investigate questionable values
- Provide ongoing rebalancing services for global Institutional clients, including periodic (ongoing, monthly, and quarterly) review, calculation, analysis, and execution of asset allocation and rebalancing transactions for Institutional client accounts; escalate complex issues to management as appropriate
- Maintain and update current procedures, as well as design and draft new procedures relating to operational processes; provide process and/or technical improvement insights in area of operational expertise to improve operating efficiencies;
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of associates across many cultures
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.