Senior Sitecore Developer I
Business Unit:Global Information Technology
Reporting To:Director, Web Development
Shift:India (10:00 am - 7:00 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Digital Marketing Technology Team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors.
The Senior Sitecore Developer is responsible for designing, developing, updating, and supporting web and service-based software systems built on an ASP.NET and Sitecore platform. This role develops technical solutions for new and existing applications working with internal business users and IT team members. This person succeeds in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, and agile software development environment. They will work collaboratively and independently throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle including requirements gathering & analysis, design, development, unit testing, code review, and deployment. They will provide industry best-practice guidance and incorporate Russell IT standards, tooling, and practices while working to improve our code quality, performance, and delivery.
Years of Experience
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience
- Advanced technical expertise and 5 or more years practical experience in
- .NET Framework (4.0 or later)
- SQL Server
- HTML5 and CSS
- Advanced technical expertise and 3 or more years practical experience in Sitecore development (Sitecore XP 9.x+)
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline, or equivalent work or education-related experience required. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience with Sitecore XM Cloud (or similar headless CMS solution) will be a plus
- Strong experience with the following required
- ASP.NET MVC (3 or later)
- ASP.NET Web API (2 or later)
- Experience with Sitecore XM Cloud (or similar headless CMS solution) preferred
- Experience building single page applications using React (or similar) preferred
- Experience in SEO preferred
- Strong knowledge of secure coding standards and best practices required
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery required
- Experience in Test Driven Development concepts, methods and tools required
- Proven ability to learn and to deliver solutions in multiple programming languages and technical environments required
- Proven ability to stay current with emerging technologies and new applications of existing technologies, through work or continuing industry or education involvement required
- Proven experience collaborating with multiple teams, including business unit teams, to deliver solutions through all aspects of the SDLC required
- Deliver maintainable, testable, and reusable production quality code in a corporate financial environment using Agile development practices
- Design and develop solutions by combining technical skills with a solid understanding of business goals
- Collaborate with business units to make modifications to existing features and build new prototypes/solutions
- Write well-designed, object-oriented code using ASP.NET MVC and Web API
- Ensure high-percentage unit test code coverage in a TDD/test-first manner
- Visualize, articulate, and conceptualize solutions to other team members and clients
- Perform issue diagnosis, troubleshooting, and debugging
- Follow Russell Investments technology standards and Sitecore platform technical roadmap
- Follow Russell Investments automated CI/CD process and tooling for build/deploy
- Consistently find and deliver new ways to develop and improve processes and technology
- Optimize application performance and stability by identifying, investigating, and resolving problems ahead of time
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.