Associate Regional Director
Business Unit:North America Advisor & Intermediary Solutions
Associate Regional Director (Hybrid Wholesaler) role with highly competitive compensation, comprehensive sales training, and relocation assistance provided. Position located in Milwaukee.
Base Salary Range: $60,000 - $65,000
Specific compensation will be based on the candidate’s experience, skills, qualifications, commercial considerations, and other job-related factors permitted by law. At Russell Investments, salary is just one part of our compensation package. Our total rewards approach includes participation in our competitive benefits programs including healthcare, retirement, vacation, and wellbeing programs. In addition, the successful candidate for this role has the ability to earn sales incentives based on activity, revenue, cash flow generation, or other performance criteria.
The primary purpose of the Associate Regional Director is to work effectively with our intermediary advisors to acquire, develop and retain assets for Russell Investments. Through many relationships across a broad group of distribution partners, the Associate Regional Director assists financial professionals in the positioning of Russell Investments products to build stronger investment outcomes for their clients along with helping advisors in creating a more consistent investment practice/business.
The Associate Regional Director provides a high quality, value-added sales and service experience by building and maintaining relationships with financial professionals within their assigned territory. The Associate Regional Director works in close partnership with the Regional Director(s) and other Russell Investment teams, ultimately creating a unified and highly targeted approach to provide a consistent, elite client experience.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Strong prospecting through a highly targeted outbound sales plan to identify and convert new producers
- Ability to effectively engage and develop relationships through in-person, phone, email, and virtual outreach
- New partner onboarding, education and training activities
- Consultative business and investment solutions activities which develop and further existing advisor relationships
- Investment proposal generation and communication, including Morningstar and proprietary tools
- Communication of Russell's capital markets knowledge and insight
- Ability to use data to efficiently target advisors that fit our target market
- Travel required – up to 25%.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Bachelor's degree in investment management, finance, business or related field
- Series 7 and 66 (or 63/65) licenses preferred; Series 6 and 63 will be considered
- 3-5 years client service and/or sales experience in an investment management or related business
- Possess in-depth understanding of the financial industry, financial concepts, product knowledge, investment management, competitive information and client-service strategies
- Demonstrated consultative selling and relationship management experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as presentation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated use of discretion and judgment when dealing with financial professionals and end clients
- Strong organizational and delegation skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to be self-directed, self-managed, possesses proven decision-making skills and sound judgment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, the ability to learn Russell-specific applications, and CRM experience is preferred
- Asset management industry and broker dealer specific knowledge is highly desired
Equal Employment Opportunity
Russell Investments is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all associates and employment applicants regardless of race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, gender (including gender identity which refers to a person's actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with a person's biological sex), age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, past or present unemployment status , or any other characteristic protected by law.