Senior Manager, Performance & Reporting
Business Unit:Compliance, Risk and Internal Audit
Reporting To:Director, Global Performance & Reporting
Shift:EMEA/UK (1:30 pm - 10:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Global Performance & Reporting (P&R) Team within Global Risk you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team tasked with delivering investment product reports both internal and external to Russell Investments.
The Senior Manager role is responsible for the management and oversight of the regional Performance, Reporting and Reconciliation Teams, coordinating processes with P&R leadership in other regions and engaging with key stakeholder inside and outside of the region.
The Global Performance & Reporting Team, within Global Risk, delivers performance measurement and fund/client reporting services across Russell Investments’ global products and client bases. This role will be managing the teams tasked with producing standard reporting delivery, ad-hoc performance analysis, historical performance streams for prospects and reconciliations of performance data vs. various sources. The products/strategies under analysis may include funds, separate accounts, client portfolios, sub-advisory accounts, fiduciary accounts, overlays and competitor products. This data will then be repackaged into several formats for use in client and prospect presentations, reports and other publications.
Years of Experience
8+ years of investment/financial services experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, writing or a finance related field.
- CIPM or CFA equivalent qualification preferred.
Management of a regional team that will be working in multiple different time zones.
Leadership & Management
- Leader of managers, setting high standards of excellence and holding accountable for performance
- Comfortable giving direct feedback, having difficult conversations and taking action when needed.
- Recognizes and reinforces associate development efforts and progress.
- Ensures associates understand how their goals and work relates to business unit strategy and goals.
- Daily support, coaching and professional development for managers.
- Manages performance and salary review appraisal conversations.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and training new associates on the team through managers.
- Focus on enhancing operational capabilities through workflow improvements.
- Ensure consistent high level of client service to both internal and external clients.
- Capable of leading business critical projects and driving change.
- Able to represent Performance and Reporting at board-level, delivering clear and defined strategy and planning for the team.
- Contribute to the Performance, Reporting, and Reconciliation community and the development and deployment of best practice analysis, tools and methods.
- Effective collaboration with other functions of Russell Investments in matters of general management.
- Support the Director, Global Performance & Reporting in developing and implementing strategies to move Russell Investments to a globalised support focused business.
Performance Analysis & Reporting Management:
- Manage calculation and reporting of performance for portfolios managed and distributed by Russell in line with industry standards. Establish the team to deliver performance and resolve queries from stakeholders timely, accurately, and efficiently.
- Play a lead role in change initiatives for Global Performance & Reporting - understand client needs and represent North America region in global initiatives. Manage process change within team.
- Work directly with and manage relationships with Russell's vendors to ensure an appropriate level of service delivery in line with agreed SLAs and KPIs
- Develop appropriate controls around all activities to ensure risks are managed and service levels maintained. Manage governance around performance and reporting services, evaluate change requests and adhere to global standard services and operating model.
- Collaborate across the Global Performance & Reporting Team to gather needed data and ensure delivery of accurate and timely reporting collateral
- Lead requested reporting changes to completion and ensure internal sign-off of new version prior to external distribution
- Be a subject matter expert on core P&R systems and vendors to answer questions from various stakeholders
- Ability to quickly understand system data flows and trace issues back to root cause.
- Highly organized and structured to institude reconciliation processes that are both comprehensive and actionable.
- Knowledgable about relational databases and database structures to build dashboards for teams to monitor.
- Advanced experience collaborating with client and fund reporting teams.
- Deep understanding of regulatory requirements impacting performance & reporting.
- Demonstrated ability of operational processes, project implementation and change management.
- Proven history of exceptional team and cross-functional leadership.
- Ability to function as a technical expert in performance, reporting, and reconciliation with key stakeholders within our Operations and Investment Division teams.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.