Business Unit:North America Advisor & Intermediary Solutions
Canada Advisor & Intermediary Solutions
Location: GTA Southwest
The Regional Director (RD) is responsible for leading the sales efforts of Russell Investments products in a designated area. The main purpose is to achieve specific sales targets from investment advisors within a defined territory. At Russell Investments, we pride ourselves on delivering a consultative sales approach when working with investment advisors and partnering with them to help grow their business.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the investment industry.
- RD’s will spend more than 50% of their time expected to increase sales penetration significantly in the designated region by expanding sales penetration from developing or non-supporters while deepening relationships with some existing clients.
- Developing new relationships with Investment Advisors and service needs of existing clients by maintaining regular contact with them in one-on-one meetings, branch presentations, and virtual discussions using technology.
- Assist in identifying all opportunities to sell and promote Russell Investments products at the broker/dealer firm level within a sales territory.
- Deliver a high level of business solutions advice to advisors through the Russell Business Solutions Group.
- Provide leadership to team members and support Russell Investments Associates with access to Investment Advisors and branches. Working closely with the other wholesalers, inside sales associates and coordinators to ensure that all Investment Advisors are receiving appropriate coverage through execution of the Territory Plan, regular team meetings to review progress and constant review of the Advisor database.
- Achieve Gross and Net Sales targets as established by the Divisional Director.
- Prospect and develop new Advisor relationships.
- Increase support among existing Advisors.
- Establish a consultative approach to sales.
- Provide leadership within the regional sales team.
- Provide direction to the sales team to meet the service needs of clients.
- Follow up as promised with accurate professional quality information.
- Establish deep relationships based on trust.
- Provide effective updates, including performance and management information.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- Bachelor's degree required in Finance, Marketing, or related area.
- CSC required.
- CFP or CFA or CIM preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the financial industry with at least 5 years of successful sales experience in the investment management marketplace.
- Experience working with investment advisors with a strong understanding of the investor and advisor behaviours.
- Advanced Consultative performance selling skills.
- Knowledge of the advisor community is essential.
- Working knowledge of Russell Investments' business.
- Working knowledge of Wealth Management strategies.
- Excellent professional and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to direct regional sales teams.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Willingness to travel extensively.