Office Coordinator (Facilities & Administration)
Business Unit:Global Sourcing & Corporate Services
The Facilities & Office Coordinator will be an integral member of the North American Real Estate & Facilities department and will be based out of our Manhattan office, conveniently located at 575 5th Avenue. This person will oversee the front desk and be the warm, welcoming face of our firm, coordinating with our associates, vendors and clients alike. The Facilities & Office Coordinator will work closely in collaboration with all other business units including senior management. They will be responsible for the overall functionality and flow of the office by being the main point of contact in New York for the Russell Investments Global Facilities Team.
Reporting to the Assistant Facilities Manager, this is a hands-on, full-time role where your people skills will shine as brightly as your administrative acumen, as you will coordinate between departments to ensure the office is running smoothly, meetings have the appropriate resources and requests are being executed successfully. This person must be impeccably organized, possess a can-do attitude and be able to hold themselves accountable for deadlines. They should have experience and be comfortable taking direction from C-suite executives. They should use their impeccable calendaring skills to reserve meeting rooms and arrange access for visitors. They should be tech savvy with the ability to generally navigate and troubleshoot digital applications.
Base Salary Range: $62,000 - $72,000
Specific compensation will be based on the candidate’s experience, skills, qualifications, commercial considerations, and other job-related factors permitted by law. At Russell Investments, salary is just one part of our compensation package. Our total rewards approach includes an annual performance bonus (subject to eligibility criteria) in addition to participation in our competitive benefits programs including healthcare, retirement, vacation, and wellbeing programs.
Your Core Responsibilities:
Reception & Office Coordination
- This role will be responsible for overseeing the front desk while serving as our welcoming face during regular business hours to greet, welcome and direct clients, vendors, and visitors with a warm and professional demeanour.
- Prepare hospitality amenities like coffee, tea, water, and snacks for meeting rooms as requested. Additionally, keep the reception area organized and presentable at all times
- Ensure the kitchenette remains clean, organized, well-stocked, and in optimal working condition, place and receive orders for delivery.
- Arrange conference rooms for meetings or special events as required, which may involve the ability to move and lift up to 50 pounds.
- Play a key role in managing our transportation program by ordering and issuing Metro cards as well as, receiving and approving invoices for Equity Transit.
- Tackle impromptu office and administrative tasks while also contributing to special projects as directed.
- Onboard new associates by issuing W2s, conducting health and safety, and emergency evacuation orientations
- Issue access badges to new associates, place requests for lost or stolen badges with our security team and ensure associates receive their badge with the correct permissions.
- Provide daily, hands-on support by overseeing the upkeep of the office, including sending and receiving mail, registering visitors with security, setting up meeting rooms with water and other essentials for client visits, and liaising with caterers and vendors for deliveries and payments.
- Take accountability to ensure the office looks tidy, is organized and fully stocked with supplies at all times.
- Skillfully oversee facility resources to keep our systems and spaces running smoothly, always ready to identify and promptly address any necessary actions to uphold facility standards.
- Take responsibility for performing scheduled walkthroughs while responding to other facilities requests placed by our associates via the ticketing queue system.
- In collaboration with other Administrative Assistants, maintain the office supplies, coffee bar, wet bar, and other communal spaces, ensuring they are clean, well-stocked, and all equipment is in good working order.
- Contacting vendors for servicing, warranties, and repairs, actively follow up to ensure work is being completed on time. Scheduling routine maintenance and communicating the nature of work being done to the associates in the office, if taking place during working hours or will affect business operation.
- Delegate maintenance and repair work to appropriate contractors, vendors, and landlords, cost-effectively coordinating their efforts and ensuring quality work, while prioritizing safety.
- Keep a close eye on the Facilities mailbox and ticketing queue to promptly and politely respond to associate requests for client meetings and other preparations.
- Monitor work order volumes and turnaround times, alerting the Assistant Facilities Manager to any potential concerns. Collaborate with a global facilities team for coverage and support in responding to tickets placed for maintenance and other requests.
- Secure written landlord approval for necessary improvements, maintenance, and repairs, in accordance with lease terms, and maintain thorough documentation.
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and upkeep of department documents and systems, such as policies, procedures, forms, templates, reports, and shared storage.
- Assist in the administration of our EH&S safety program, encompassing fire drill coordination, floor warden training, AED management, and oversight of first aid kits. Proactively attend quarterly building Fire and Life Safety workshops.
- Tackle ad-hoc facilities responsibilities and take on special projects as necessary.
- Be flexible with your schedule, adapting to project demands or meeting schedules. This may involve starting as early as 7:00 am or staying late after the last meeting to facilitate breakdowns, approximately 1-2 times per month if needed.
Your Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
- Possess a solid corporate background with at least 2 -3 years experience working in an administrative role including (but not limited to), receptionist, facilities, operations or an executive assistant role, indicating your familiarity with the expectations and demands of the role at Russell you are applying for.
- Ideally hold a degree or certificate in facilities management, events, hospitality or a closely related field, underlining your academic preparation for the role.
- Have a strong customer service skill set and “can-do” attitude. Display your commitment to delivering memorable client experiences through your friendly and welcoming demeanor, combined with strong attention to detail and commitment to complete tasks of your own volition.
- Showcase proficiency and troubleshooting capabilities for essential software, particularly the Microsoft Office Suite, encompassing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint and Teams. Familiarity with Concur, JIRA or other ticketing platforms is an asset.
- Highlight your competence with troubleshooting technological devices and phone applications for others (you will show them how to navigate our desk booking app and other platforms) as these are integral to the role.
- Be an excellent communicator with the ability to converse and take direction from C-suite executives and senior management as they have a large presence in the Manhattan office.
- Possess strong problem-solving and multitasking abilities, all of which are vital for the position.
- Showcase your flexibility, illustrating your capacity to work independently and collaboratively with diverse teams in various locations and exhibit the ability to remain calm and professional in challenging situations and emergencies.
- Apply critical thinking skills to navigate processes from start to finish, ensuring tasks are executed appropriately and within necessary timeframes.
- Be open to supervision, feedback, and coaching, all while embracing a systems and team-thinking approach to problem-solving.
- As a bonus, indicate any understanding or experience you have in the financial services industry, as this can be an asset in the role.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Russell Investments is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all associates and employment applicants regardless of race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, gender (including gender identity which refers to a person's actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with a person's biological sex), age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, past or present unemployment status , or any other characteristic protected by law.