Manager, Investment Content Writing
Business Unit:Compliance, Risk and Internal Audit
Reporting To:Director, Global Performance & Reporting
Shift:EMEA/UK (Mar-Nov 1:30 pm – 10:30 pm IST / Nov-Mar 2:30 pm – 11:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Investment Content Writing team within our Global Risk department you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team tasked with delivering investment product reports both internal and external to Russell Investments.
As the Manager of the Investment Content Writing Team, you will be responsible for a team providing globally accessible performance analysis and reporting communications supporting our Investment portfolio management teams to create compelling and competitive performance and reporting metrics to clients or to win prospective business.
Years of Experience
7+ years of investment/financial services experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, writing or a finance related field.
Investment Commentary and Reports:
- Ensure team produces clear and concise investment commentaries on a range of asset classes. Liaising closely with the Portfolio Managers and Analysts in the Investment Division and keeping up-to-date with news of what is happening in the markets and Russell funds for which they are responsible. They will be the point of contact for designated asset classes and will be asked to produce reports, marketing materials and communications on other asset classes from time to time.
- Create and assemble written commentary and exhibits for Monthly and Quarterly Fund reports (aka QFR and QSR materials), Market commentaries, Interim Audit reports, Board Reporting Material, Fund and Client Profile reports, Client Presentation slides and Fund change communications.
- Responsible for other regular investment content relating to his/her asset class that is included in Russell's regular or ad-hoc investment communications and write ad-hoc pieces about markets and other significant events on request. Contribute to new business initiatives when required.
- Manage strong relationships with key external stakeholders in the Investment Division, marketing professionals, client service and sales teams. Attend regular investment meetings and communicate themes for sales and marketing purposes.
- Manager of a team, setting high standards of excellence and holding accountable for performance
- Comfortable giving direct feedback, having difficult conversations and taking action when needed.
- Recognizes and reinforces associate development efforts and progress.
- Ensures associates understand how their goals and work relates to business unit strategy and goals.
- Daily support, coaching and professional development for managers.
- Manages performance and salary review appraisal conversations.
- Responsible for recruitment, hiring, onboarding, and training new associates on the team.
- Excellent research skills and ability to interpret statistical information to support written statements.
- Strong writing skills, excellent communication and relationship building skills and the ability to create high quality content from scratch under pressure within tight deadlines.
- Experience managing a team or a project team.
- Proficiency at prioritization, proven experience with managing multiple tasks simultaneously, and the ability to operate under scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to function as a technical expert in Russell Investments’ products and services to ensure high quality RFP output.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.