Senior Production Support Engineer
Business Unit:Global Information Technology
Reporting To:Manager, Production Support Engineer
Shift:US/Seattle (Mar-Nov 8:30 pm - 5:30 am IST / Nov-Mar 9:30 pm - 6:30 am IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Production Support team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical support to our mission critical third-party and in-house developed applications within the Investment Division and Risk Management. This is a front-line role where you will be taking on issues directly from the business, while ensuring a reliable and scalable production environment.
Years of Experience
- 5-7 years’ experience in the investment management business
- 3-5 years’ experience in/on IT related projects
- Strong technical knowledge of windows server, intranet, networking, and experienced in querying SQL relational database systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve data related issues
- Strong analytical and business problem solving skills
- Knowledge of audit processes and procedures
- Proven customer service skills
- Understanding of software development process, change management, and project management
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle interruptions
- Ability to apply technology to practical business solutions
- Ability to document new processes and workflows
- Assertive, self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to contract and negotiate with vendors, internal and external
- Experience with Bloomberg is a plus.
- Experience with Powershell is a plus
- Experience with monitoring tools, such as Splunk / AppDynamics, is a plus
- Experience supporting a 24/7 environment is a plus
- Experience working in a DevOps role/organization, preferred
- Supporting the technology associated within the Investment Division and Risk Management – including the Trading Floor, operations within Russell in a timely manner to manage risk and ensure a reliable, scalable, production environment. Provide timely on-call support. Also responsible for interfacing with internal and external auditors requests.
- Providing coverage for change management of both internally developed and vendor provided systems. This includes ensuring that quality assurance and testing of systems and subsystems are accomplished prior to moving changes to production. A Senior Production Support Engineer is responsible for approving changes to the Russell production environment and ensuring all changes and processes are properly documented.
- Ensuring internal data integrity which includes daily global pricing, security master and many forms of Investment data. Also providing timely support for issues regarding Russell enterprise data, including data analysis, setup, troubleshooting, data queries, data changes, and reporting
- Ensuring that Russell systems are fully supported 24/7. This position will participate in planning and maintaining Business Continuity for internal systems.
- Managing vendor relationships, including planning for and organizing release updates, new installs, new equipment and software requests in conjunction with Corporate IT, business unit staff and vendor contact.
- Managing internal batch processes and data integrity, including pricing, security master, and trade data
- Determining technology support needs and assessing availability of resources
- Coordinating technology efforts with Corporate IT and the business units
- Providing support to business units in troubleshooting data issues and reaching resolution
- Partial responsibility for vendor relationship management, including managing release cycles
- Partial responsibility for decisions affecting the operational state of the internal production computing environment within Russell Investments
- Bachelor’s degree required (Computer Science, MIS or Finance.)
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.