Compensation Analyst (Seattle)
Business Unit:Global Human Resources
The Compensation Analyst will contribute to Russell Investments’ success by developing, implementing, managing and assessing the effectiveness and competitiveness of compensation programs that support Russell Investments’ business and strategic plans.
The scope of the position includes US programs as well as programs that apply outside the US (primarily Canada, Western Europe, Asia Pacific). The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to work across the HR organization to maintain a coordinated global approach to compensation.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $125,000
Specific compensation will be based on candidate’s experience, skills, qualifications, commercial considerations, and other job-related factors permitted by law. At Russell Investments, salary is just one part of our compensation package. Our total rewards approach includes an annual performance bonus (subject to eligibility criteria) in addition to participation in our competitive benefits programs including healthcare, retirement, vacation, and wellbeing programs.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Partner with Sr. Global Compensation Manager to design and implement compensation/reward structures, programs, and policies
- Conduct a range of analyses involving the impact/effectiveness of current cash and equity plans, as well as the development and implementation of new programs
- Assist in the preparation and packaging of ad-hoc compensation analyses for HR Business Partners and the Recruiting team
- Manage and administer internal job family framework, monthly compensation related file updates and reporting
- Conduct job evaluations to benchmark positions for salary survey submission
- Assist with the administration of equity compensation programs including equity grants, exercises, distributions and repurchases
- Support the annual compensation cycle, including systems integration with the HR technology team
- Support monthly and quarterly sales commission processing and facilitate annual global commission plan review
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with internal clients and colleagues within the HR team
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- 1-4 years’ experience in broad-based compensation analysis with a global organization or consulting firm preferred; junior profiles with strong technical skillset will be considered
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with ability to analyze and manipulate large sets of data from different sources
- Strong MS Excel skills; comfortable with using advanced Excel functions in various analyses and preparing reports for executives
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to execute tasks with high levels of accuracy
- Experience with the use of compensation benchmarking surveys preferred
- Knowledge of salary management principles and incentive compensation design fundamentals, including commission plans
- Knowledge of equity plans and deferred compensation vehicles
- Financial services industry experience is a plus
- 4 yr. college degree in Business, Finance, Data Analytics or a related field
Equal Employment Opportunity
Russell Investments is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all associates and employment applicants regardless of race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, gender (including gender identity which refers to a person's actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with a person's biological sex), age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, past or present unemployment status , or any other characteristic protected by law.