Asset Allocation Strategist
Business Unit:Investment Division
Reporting To:Senior Asset Allocation Strategist
Shift:EMEA/UK (Mar-Nov 1:30 pm – 10:30 pm IST / Nov-Mar 2:30 pm – 11:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
The Strategic Asset Allocation team seeks an insightful individual to assist in developing and communicating strategic asset allocation advice across Russell Investments’ global portfolios, with a specific emphasis on European clients. We are seeking a candidate who can effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams.
Years of Experience
Minimum 7 years’ experience in capital markets finance role.
- BA/BS or higher degree from quantitative areas such as finance, math, statistics, financial engineering, or computer science.
- Familiarity with portfolio construction theory and asset allocation analysis.
- Experience running quantitative analyses in a programming language (Python, R, VBA, etc.).
- Experience with portfolio construction, factor modeling, risk and return attribution, asset return forecasting, statistical analysis, portfolio optimization, basic actuarial math, Monte Carlo simulation, and lifecycle finance.
- Experience analyzing private assets and their impact at the portfolio level
- Experience with ESG factors and with the opportunities and challenges climate change presents in investment portfolios.
- Working knowledge of financial advisors’ methods in providing advice and addressing prevalent investor challenges.
- Familiarity with UK and European regulatory environment (both retail and institutional).
- CFA or progress towards.
- Assume personal responsibility for integrating and upholding the highest standards of ethics, encompassing regulatory and business conduct throughout the organization.
- Proficiently and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risks, ensuring adherence to ethical conduct and compliance standards.
- Provide support in the design of strategic asset allocation tailored to various clients.
- Engage in collaborative efforts to oversee and manage asset allocation models.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement by updating and enhancing asset allocation tools and models.
- Participate in advancing and refining the asset allocation process to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Conduct research on asset allocation subjects, including private markets, ESG and alternative risk premia.
- Provide support in the analysis of risk management strategies and capital market forecasting.
Time zone flexibility to work with colleagues based in Russell’s different locations globally.
- Ability to organize findings and present results clearly.
- Actively participates in team efforts, sharing responsibilities and ideas as well as giving credit and recognition to team members.
- Effectively shares information, demonstrates a willingness to accept and support compromise, shows respect differing opinions, and contributes constructively to final group decisions.
- Maintains passion for the business, staying updated on competitor products and services, and possesses the industry knowledge, demonstrating a clear understanding of Russell’s position within the industry.
- Systematically identifies, evaluates, and implements measures to protect the firm from potential business loss or injury.
- Recognizes the legal, ethical, and professional implications of decisions.
- Recognizes vital risks to the stability or growth of Russell, and adeptly assesses, mitigates, and manages business risks with precision and effectiveness.
- Capability managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.