Business Unit:Investment Division
Reporting To:Senior Portfolio Manager, Equity
Shift:EMEA/UK (Mar-Nov 1:30 pm – 10:30 pm IST / Nov-Mar 2:30 pm – 11:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
We are looking for bright and driven candidates to join our dynamic global Investment Division team and build a rewarding career in investments!
Working closely with our Portfolio Managers (PMs) and the investment team, you’ll quickly play an important role on the team supporting with all aspects of investment management, portfolio implementation, portfolio analysis, the investment process, and reporting functions, and contribute on a variety of assignments across our core Total Solutions Portfolio Management teams: Equities, Fixed Income and Multi-Asset.
This role offers a unique development opportunity, with on-the-job coaching, cross training assignments, and CFA sponsorship.
Years of Experience
1-3 years’ related investment experience, or experience in the investment management industry.
- A degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Engineering, Technology, Science.
- 1-3 years’ related investment experience, or experience in the investment management industry.
- Knowledge of quantitative investment practices, including portfolio optimization, is a plus, as is experience with Bloomberg or the ability to use or learn technology systems.
- Basic programming languages, such as c, python, r, SQL, etc, or a demonstrated ability to learn such skills are desirable.
- Supporting the PM team with all aspects of portfolio management including investment decisions, implementation, portfolio rebalances, transition events and daily monitoring of investment portfolios.
- Running portfolio and performance analysis, attribution reporting, and ad-hoc reports to drive production of investment commentary and monthly/quarterly client reporting.
- Working with the investment team to build and improve overall investment process and investment outcomes.
- Assisting and participating in research projects and model development to validate and improve the investment process.
- Liaising with internal technology teams to maintain and develop a scalable and robust infrastructure platform.
- Helping to manage the documentation of processes and procedures.
- Ensuring that the portfolio adheres to investment guidelines and is managed within compliance guidelines.
- Liaising with implementation and operations teams on account maintenance and set up needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in any discipline.
- We’re open to a broad experience range, including candidates who have undertaken relevant coursework with portfolio analysis, quantitative analysis, portfolio management, trading, or investment operations, candidates with experience in a professional environment (such as consulting firm or investment bank), candidates who have undertaken an internship, and candidates with strong transferable skills (such as retail or service industry roles).
- A passion for and interest in global financial markets, portfolio management techniques, and investments.
- Technical skills, including basic statistics, and Microsoft Excel (strongly preferred).
- Aptitude to work under your own initiative, to strict deadlines and able to prioritize workloads.
- Growth mindset with a willingness to learn and undertake the CFA or progress towards charter status.
- Ability to communicate and work with all manner of team members in a conscientious and inclusive way.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.