Senior IT / Operational Internal Auditor
Business Unit:Compliance, Risk and Internal Audit
Reporting To:Director, Internal Audit
Shift:APAC (Apr-Oct 5:00 am - 2:00 pm IST / Oct-Apr 4:00 am - 1:00 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
The Internal Auditor assists with planning and performance of audits and consulting engagements in accordance with department and professional standards.
We are looking for a professional with strong Sarbanes Oxley knowledge and compliance experience; proficiency with accounting and financial reporting controls; and comprehension of internal auditing standards and GAAP. The Senior Internal Auditor is part of the Global Internal Audit Team.
Years of Experience
1-2 years of demonstrated work experience in public accounting (preferably the Big Four) or a combination of public accounting and other experience that includes progressive and diversified private industry experience in audit, compliance, risk, operational, or financial role.
• Professional certification (i.e. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Accountant (CA) or equivalent)
• Strong understanding of financial services or investment management industry
• Comprehensive knowledge of internal auditing practices, procedures, and principles
Potential for occasional weekend support.
- Plan and perform audits, reviews, special projects, and consulting engagements to ensure they are conducted in accordance with department and professional standards and are completed on a timely basis.
- Develop and execute audit programs (identify relevant risks, controls and produce testing steps) for compliance and operational reviews and audits.
- Conduct tests of details for audits.
- Monitor open audit issues and perform procedures in accordance with department standards to close audit issues.
- Track and report on engagement progress, contributing to committee and board reporting.
- Contribute to departmental processes such as audit methodology, policies, procedures and making revisions and improvements when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or related discipline.
- Experience with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) documentation, developing/executing test plans, and evaluating results.
- Proficient at applying risk-based auditing standards, practices, techniques and processes to the performance and review of audits.
- Ability to meet deadlines without sacrificing quality; effective time management.
- Proactive and innovative, with an open and collegial work style with ability to listen and integrate ideas from diverse views, create partnerships and collaborate with others.
- Highly organized individual, with attention to detail and grasp of the big picture.
- Logical and persuasive, with ability to influence with diplomacy and tact.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.