Operational Risk Analyst
Business Unit:Compliance, Risk and Internal Audit
Reporting To:Director, Risk Program Manager
Shift:EMEA/UK (Mar-Nov 1:30 pm – 10:30 pm IST / Nov-Mar 2:30 pm – 11:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
Russell Investments operates an independent risk management program through Global Risk Management (GRM). Consistent with best practices and regulatory requirements, GRM is independent from both manufacturing and go-to-market functions. Russell Investments is seeking an Operational Risk Analyst to support the development and maintenance of our company’s business continuity and disaster recovery initiatives for the Global Risk Management (GRM) team. Under the guidance of the leadership team, you will assist in documenting business unit critical business processes and workarounds, identifying potential business interruptions, developing safeguards against these interruptions, and implementing recovery procedures in the event of a business disruption.
Years of Experience
2-4 years’ of dedicated work experience in Operational Risk Management.
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting, Finance or Business Administration) is required.
- MBA or similar graduate degree (preferred, but not required)
- Professional certification in business continuity (e.g., CBCP, CBCI or MBCI) is preferred.
- Assist in the development and upkeep of the business continuity program and adhering to the company’s standards and industry best practices.
- Coordinate with business unit stakeholders to conduct and document thorough business impact assessments (BIA) and business continuity plans (BCP) to identify critical functions, assess potential risks, and develop strategies to minimize disruption and facilitate swift recovery in the event of an incident.
- Support the training and preparedness programs to ensure staff readiness in implementing the BCPs and BIAs.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to align BCPs and BIAs with the company’s goals.
- Work in partnership with core infrastructure teams (IT, Facilities, Communications) to develop coordinated IT disaster recovery plans, associate life/safety programs and crisis communications procedures.
- Participate in risk assessments to help identify areas of vulnerability and support the implementation of risk mitigation strategies.
- Monitor and report on adherence to business continuity policies and procedures.
- Maintain crisis management plans globally.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in business continuity and operational risk management.
- Maintain program metrics and reporting.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Strong knowledge Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to craft board-level presentations.
- Lead Risk Management mindset.
- Basic understanding of the operational framework.
- Experience with a business continuity program.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.