Asset Allocation Quantitative Strategist
Business Unit:Investment Division
Reporting To:Senior Asset Allocation Strategist
Shift:EMEA/UK (Mar-Nov 1:30 pm – 10:30 pm IST / Nov-Mar 2:30 pm – 11:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
This role will involve supporting the Asset Allocation and Investment Solutions team in its drive to generate and deliver asset allocation advice for client portfolios globally. The successful candidate will have strong programming and quantitative analysis skills, ability to work with large datasets and basic investment knowledge. There is also a need to be able to communicate with broad project stakeholders.
Years of Experience
Suitable candidates would have 3-7 years of programming experience in a financial services or asset management company.
Required qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in engineering.
- Proficient in Python and SQL. Must be able to pick up C#.
- Proficiency in object-oriented programming.
- 3-7 years of programming experience in financial services or asset management.
- Understanding of investment principles and capital markets.
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment across time zones.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Ability to code in C#
- Strong quantitative skill set with the ability to analyze complex data using econometric and/or machine learning tools.
- Familiarity with portfolio construction, factor modeling, risk and return attribution, statistical analysis, and monte carlo simulation.
Time zone flexibility to work with colleagues based in Russell’s different locations globally.
- Data management and process development programming support for the asset allocation and investment solutions team.
- Develop tools that allow investment advisors to see the impact of asset allocation under different market environments and tax treatments.
- Run and maintain quantitative models and tools linked to capital market forecasting, portfolio and performance analysis and attribution reporting.
- Conduct research on asset allocation topics.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines.
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.