Analyst, Global Operations
Business Unit:Global Operations
Reporting To:Associate Director
Shift:EMEA/UK (Mar-Nov 1:30 pm – 10:30 pm IST / Nov-Mar 2:30 pm – 11:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
This position is responsible for managing documentation and providing support to implement derivative strategies in Russell products globally, catering to both 3rd party clients and funds. The role involves negotiating with internal and external legal counsels and coordinating with various stakeholders such as portfolio managers, traders, business lines, and product teams to establish and manage the necessary documentation for account setups before trading.
Years of Experience
A minimum of 2-3 years of previous experience in the financial services industry.
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or business administration.
• CFA or progress towards is preferred (not required).
• 2-3 years of experience in asset management operations, banking operations, finance, or a related function is preferred.
• Organized, analytical, detail-oriented, and precise with numbers, possessing a solid understanding of the securities/fund industry, as well as investment concepts and strategies.
• Strong individual contributor and team player in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to prioritize and complete multiple assignments under short deadlines.
• Ability to identify potential issues, promote efficient resolution, set and pursue goals, and demonstrate a commitment to organizational success.
• Excellent communication skills, understanding how to tailor communication style to the situation at hand.
- Respond to queries regarding derivative and FX documentation from various departments including the Investment Division & Legal
- Negotiate with internal and external legal counsel on the documentation for implementing derivative-related counterparty contracts (e.g., ISDA, collateral control agreements, etc.).
- Work with clients, legal teams, and internal stakeholders to analyse, consult and provide guidance to determine derivative contract requirements for each onboarding event.
- Analyse data received from internal systems/clients, custodians, and vendors with an overarching objective of setting up the client's portfolio in internal systems.
- Management of fund/client documentation including tax forms, prospectuses, investment management agreements, settlement instructions, etc.
- Work with FCM counterparties to establish derivative clearing accounts for trading instruments such as listed options, exchange-traded futures, and credit derivatives.
- Evaluate and improve effectiveness of the team by leveraging experience to update existing operational processes and maintain up-to-date procedures to reduce risk and support regulatory requirements and business initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.