Associate Regional Director, Large Markets
Business Unit:North America Institutional
Partner with Institutional Regional Director(s) with a focus on building customized portfolio solutions and investment management relationships with Russell Investments U.S. Institutional Business for large institutional investors. Support all aspects of the sales process, creating leverage and bandwidth to increase Russell Investments’ presence in the market and productivity. Employing a close partnership with Regional Director(s) and other Russell Investment business partners, creating a unified and highly targeted approach to prospecting new business, and helping achieve sales objectives. Upon demonstrating excellent sales acumen and investment/industry knowledge, take a meaningful role for business development efforts in assigned territory.
Salary Range:- $116,000 - $125,000
Specific compensation will be based on the candidate’s experience, skills, qualifications, commercial considerations, and other job-related factors permitted by law. At Russell Investments, salary is just one part of our compensation package. Our total rewards approach includes participation in our competitive benefits programs including healthcare, retirement, vacation, and wellbeing programs. In addition, the successful candidate for this role has the ability to earn sales incentives based on activity, revenue, cash flow generation, or other performance criteria.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Partner with Regional Director(s) to develop and execute territory plans and sales strategies to achieve sales goals.
- Ability to effectively engage and develop relationships through in-person, phone, email, and virtual outreach.
- Ability to use data to efficiently target prospects that fit our target markets.
- Prepare for initial contact, and follow-up for prospect meetings.
- Develop presentations for prospect audiences, write and review strategic RFP responses.
- Identify, research and prospect sales leads. Consider viability of prospects and identify best investment solutions for their needs.
- Provide input for the development of business strategy, marketing materials, and market positioning.
- Support efforts to raise the firm’s institutional profile in the marketplace through interaction with industry groups, clients, and prospects.
- Maintain CRM database with accurate and up-to-date activity, sales pipeline, and prospect information.
- Eventually take a meaningful role for business development/prospecting role in assigned territory. Build strong institutional relationships and a robust pipeline.
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences including the following:
- B.A. degree required in Finance, Economics, or related field
- Series 7 and 63 licenses required
- MBA, CFA, or CFA-track preferred
- Asset management industry and institutional specific knowledge highly desirable and preferred
- 3-5 years of institutional sales experience with demonstrated knowledge of financial markets, investment industry, investment products, or other related financial area preferred
- Demonstrated sales and relationship management experience with proven track record in developing and pipeline and achieving financial sales targets
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as presentation and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated use of discretion and judgement when dealing with prospects and clients
- Strong organizational and delegation skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to be self-directed with an entrepreneurial attitude and possesses proven decision-making skills and sound judgement
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, the ability to learn Russell Investments specific applications, and Microsoft CRM experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Russell Investments is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all associates and employment applicants regardless of race, religion, ancestry, creed, color, gender (including gender identity which refers to a person's actual or perceived sex, and includes self-image, appearance, behavior or expression, whether or not different from that traditionally associated with a person's biological sex), age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, past or present unemployment status , or any other characteristic protected by law.