Senior SDET I
Business Unit:Global Information Technology
Reporting To:Director, CRM Technology
Shift:EMEA/UK (Mar-Nov 1:30 pm – 10:30 pm IST / Nov-Mar 2:30 pm – 11:30 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Information Technology Applications team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors.
This role is responsible for ensuring high quality standards for application delivery within Russell’s Investment Division. The ideal candidate excels in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, agile software development environment and has a broad background in financial services and testing technologies and practices.
This is a visible technology role within the firm that requires hands-on relevant technology experience to be effective, as well as a desire to work in a financial services field with the requisite commitment it entails.
The responsibilities of the individual in this position include:
- Participate in all phases of Agile development process providing input into analysis, design, development, estimation, planning, support, and retrospectives
- Design and develop test automation frameworks for web services, API's, UI, and databases
- Create comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Work with development managers and production support managers to establish unified standards for software quality and support requirements
- Research and implement new testing tools and practices to increase team productivity and software quality
The successful candidate will have extensive demonstrable skills and experiences, including the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Must have 5+ years of experience in software quality assurance and test automation development
- Must have a strong understanding of QA processes and concepts, including test case preparation, test automation, and testing methodologies
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with clients and stakeholders to develop functional test cases and communicate status updates
- Strong troubleshooting skills and capability to work on multiple projects simultaneously