EDM Developer I
Business Unit:Global Information Technology
Reporting To:Senior Manager, Application Development
Shift:APAC (Apr-Oct 5:00 am - 2:00 pm IST / Oct-Apr 4:00 am - 1:00 pm IST) (India)
About Russell Investments, Mumbai:
Russell Investments is a leading outsourced financial partner and global investment solutions firm providing a wide range of investment capabilities to institutional investors, financial intermediaries, and individual investors around the world. Building on an 87-year legacy of continuous innovation to deliver exceptional value to clients, Russell Investments works every day to improve the financial security of its clients. The firm is the world’s sixth-largest investment adviser, with $1 trillion in assets under advisement (as of June 30, 2022) and $288.3 billion in assets under management (as of March 31, 2023) for clients in 30 countries. Headquartered in Seattle, Washington in the United States, Russell Investments has offices around the world, including London, New York, Toronto, Sydney, Tokyo, Shanghai – and has opened a new office in Mumbai, India in June 2023.
Joining the new Mumbai office is an incredible opportunity to work closely with global stakeholders to support the technology and infrastructure that drives the investment and trading processes of a globally recognized asset management firm. Be one of the first to join this new team based out of Goregaon (East) in Mumbai and be a part of creating the foundation and culture for the firm’s growing operations in India. The Mumbai office operates 5-days a week from Monday to Friday with varying shifts to accommodate time zones around the world.
For more information, please visit https://www.russellinvestments.com.
Every day, we seek to improve financial security for people. Joining our Information Technology Applications team means you will be a part of a passionate and supportive team that believes what we do matters to our clients and investors.
As an EDM Developer you will be a key contributor in the design, implementation, testing and support of Russell Investment’s enterprise data solutions using (Markit) EDM and SQL Server. You will collaborate with key stakeholders and business partners to design and build a solution that meets their requirements. You will play a key role in the design and implementation of future strategic data initiatives at Russell Investments. This role will include spending a portion of time in an EDM Support role for the first 6-months from the join date. We would expect successful candidates to spend 1 week in a month on Markit EDM Production Support activities during this phase.
Further details on the split between development and support roles can be discussed during the hiring stages.
Years of Experience
3-5 years of development or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience in development or support of (Markit) EDM application
- Strong understanding of key EDM functionalities like matching, mastering, export, and orchestration/scheduling concepts
- Strong understanding of Markit web user interface development
- Prior experience in Production Support of EDM application a strong plus
- 3+ years of experience developing within MS SQL Server
- Proficient in writing and performance tuning advanced SQL queries
- Experience designing/architecting relational database models a plus
- Experience in asset management and good understanding of market/financial data
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams, including business unit teams, to deliver solutions through all phases of the SDLC required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface with all domains and seniority levels in the organization.
- Excellent trouble shooting skills with ability to work calmly in time sensitive scenarios.
- Experience with Git version control preferred.
- Experience in business and data analysis a plus.
Occasional weekend shift to facilitate critical go-lives and to cover support shifts.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and team members across multiple business lines globally to design and develop enterprise data solutions using EDM and MS SQL Server.
- Take responsibility for the analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation of processes built using EDM application.
- Follow best practices through the entire software development lifecycle. This includes development, testing, release preparation, and post-implementation support.
- Actively engage in department-specific and firm-wide initiatives to expand capabilities. Create solutions to address unmet business needs, improve client experience, or develop more efficient processes. Ability and willingness to contribute to the advancement of team and business capabilities.
- Optimize EDM application performance and stability by anticipating, investigating, and resolving problems ahead of time
- Conceptualize and be able to articulate solutions to team members and stakeholders
- Consistently find and deliver new ways to develop and improve processes and technologies
- Perform all responsibilities in accordance with Russell Investments Core Competencies
- Ensuring internal data integrity which includes regional securities, positions, and pricing data loads. Also providing timely support of issues regarding long running processes, troubleshooting timeout issues with downstream consumers, and investigating data issues internally and/or with data operations.
- Investigating and resolving break fix issues
- Providing support to business units in troubleshooting data issues and reaching resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or business discipline, or equivalent work or education-related experience required.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication and collaboration skills with all levels of management
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to adapt to shifting priorities and meet frequent deadlines,
- Demonstrate proactive approach to problem-solving with strong judgment and decision-making capability.
- Highly resourceful and collaborative team-player, with the ability to also be independently effective and exude initiative and a sense of urgency.
- Exemplifies our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities, has a desire for continuous learning, and proposes solutions.
- Ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality.
- Dedicated to the firm’s values of non-negotiable integrity, valuing our people, exceeding client expectations, and embracing intellectual curiosity and rigor.