E-Commerce Merchandising Specialist
About The Role:
We're looking for an E-Commerce Merchandising Specialist who's hungry to apply outstanding communication skills, strong merchandising experience, and analytical rigor to help drive content projects for a wide variety of brands. This is an entry level position that is responsible for providing critically important executional support to account managers.
As an E-Commerce Merchandising Specialist in Professional Services, you will play an integral role in new item setup, content optimization, and catalog maintenance across many SKUs. You will work under the direct guidance of a manager to execute tasks on specific timelines. In this role, you will be comfortable having conversations with clients in multiple industries and managing your own content priority list with direction from your account manager teammates. While Amazon will be the destination for much of your content work, you'll also be ready to flex your skills across new and emerging retail channels, always with the goal of translating the unique voice and value of a brand into compelling, search-optimized content that has the power to convert.
What You Will Do:
- Create, maintain, and optimize content for product detail pages and enhanced branded content on Amazon and other major e-commerce platforms. This includes product titles, bullets, descriptions, imagery, video, variations, and enhanced content.
- Analyze category keywords to discover new trends and competitive advantages that impact SEO.
- Leverage Stackline software / existing automation processes to monitor content accuracy.
- Submit tickets and work with retailer support teams to implement changes and resolve issues.
- Track tasks and provide progress updates to relevant internal stakeholders and external stakeholders/client POCs.
- Set up new items and maintain records of master product content.
- Show outstanding attention to detail and ability to manage a variety of simultaneous content projects with tight deadlines.
Who We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with Amazon Vendor or Seller Central.
- Demonstrated experience with large e-commerce retailers.
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interest in executing repetitive and tactical work.
- Demonstrated ability to stay organized while prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
- High degree of detail orientation.
- Ability to work independently, self-motivate and maintain a high sense of urgency.
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and clients.
- Positive attitude and perseverance in the face of challenges.
- Logophile, grammar wizard, and proofreader extraordinaire.
- Proven ability to clearly explain and defend content choices based on brand, customer, competitor, and keyword research.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, startup environment.
Bonus Points If You Have:
- Experience working with Target Partners Online, Walmart Retail Link or an equivalent retailer interface.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
- 2+ years in a relevant content-focused role for a retailer, brand or agency.
Benefits and Perks
It’s important that each and every employee feels they are supported and can complete their life’s best work today and in the future. As part of that, we are committed to doing our part in addressing pay gaps and discrepancies by providing pay transparency for all of our roles. Actual salaries are just one component of the compensation package and may vary above or below the range based on job-related knowledge, skills, experience, geographical location, and performance. The pay range for this position located in Seattle is $55,000 - $75,000 per year. Other rewards may include annual bonuses, short- and long-term incentives, and other team-specific awards. In addition we provide a robust benefits and perks package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefit plans covering medical, dental, and vision
- Fertility benefits
- 401k plan plus company match
- Company paid Life Insurance
- 20 days of Paid Time Off annually
- 9 Paid company holidays
- 100% Paid Parental Leave - 20 weeks for birthing mothers and 12 weeks for all other parents
- Summer Fridays early close at 2 pm
- Fully stocked kitchen snacks with fresh fruit weekly