Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
We now have a very exciting opportunity in our newly created Global Operations Centre (GOC) in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. This role will lead the Engineering teams in the GO Centre for the APAC Division. As the Engineering Manager for our APAC Division, you will help establish and lead a rapidly growing product and engineering team in the GO Centre. You will start with the hiring and onboarding of the initial cohort of Engineers to support our vision and product growth strategy. The role will be responsible for building the GOC engineering team from scratch. Recruiting and hand picking the new GOC product engineers which will grow rapidly over the next 2-3 years
- Start-up Development Centre role which be responsible for recruiting new engineering talent in Malaysia and forming squads to take on several APAC product development needs with both our heritage and cloud native products.
- Part of the regional APAC Product & Engineering leadership team, responsible for the management of the software development & delivery for the products assigned, contributing to the achievement of growth and client satisfaction targets. Taking a holistic view to support Corporate as well as Divisional objectives.
- Use in-depth understanding and appreciation of agile software development best practices, customer problems, collaboration through virtualised/distributed squads and the competitive landscape along with research and metrics to inform decisions & approaches.
- Structured and established approach of measuring and developing product delivery flow from squads using our own Access Engineering Agile methods to deliver.
- Shape & manage the delivery of solutions for the products assigned to the GOC, formulating pragmatic technical strategies, robust processes, credible & reliable forecasts, team development/progression and operational excellence within the APAC Divisional Product Engineering teams.
- Adopt Access Engineering methods and drive a compelling local adoption approach to the GOC squads, ensuring a progressive, reliable and efficient production capability, aligned to the divisional roadmaps and commercial goals.
- Significant contribution to increasing the profitability of the divisional portfolio by developing innovative new products capabilities and maximising the growth and efficiency of the GOC engineering squad(s). Accountability for GOC Engineering P&L.
- Work with Product Management and the other Heads of Development in the region to understand the company portfolio, contribute to the overall product strategy, integration, quality and cost control.
- Sponsor all product development projects within the GOC.
- Responsible for the management, development, progression and operational capability of various GOC squads, including training, appraisals, employee engagement, discipline, recruitment, retention & attrition.
- Lead, motivate, develop and manage the performance of the GOC squads to ensure that they have the skills and support to achieve their potential and meet the company’s needs.
- Work both with Global GOC and APAC management teams to maximise the development and performance of the GOC squads and grow to provide broader support to divisional Product Engineering needs.
- You demonstrate excellent leadership, motivation and team development skills, able to cross boundaries and collaboratively drive excellence through positive change. Your cohesive leadership ensures development teams are aligned across the department
- You have more than 8years experience managing software engineering squads and can demonstrate the skills and experience needed to transfer knowledge, recruit engineering talent, grow teams rapidly, closely manage the squads performance, develop team leads that can be responsible to running delivery and technical quality of the squads.
- You are an excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
- You can think strategically whilst achieving results in immediate area of responsibility and drive strategic and change initiatives to success.
- You can think creatively and exploit best practice, emerging technologies and fast-paced innovation.
- You are able to adapt to a changing business and marketplace, demonstrable ability to takes a holistic view to support Corporate as well as departmental strategic objectives and underwrites production excellence through KPIs and best practice across the group.
- You are pragmatic, objective, resilient, transferrable, balanced, and able to navigate and manage divisional contention to the benefit of the group.
Your core competencies will include:
- Excellent leadership, motivation and team development skills – across multiple teams & locations - able to cross boundaries and collaboratively drive positive change up & down the chain of command.
- Excellent communicator able to communicate at all levels and adopt a flexible & consultative approach.
- Ability to think strategically whilst achieving results in own Divisions with consideration for the wider company strategy and objectives.
- Excellent understanding of software development lifecycle, Agile methods and delivery, and able to deliver complex projects across multiple workstreams to time, budget and quality
- Commercial experience and a sound understanding of agile software development practices in a scaled production environment.
- The ability to adapt to a changing business and marketplace.
- Demonstrable ability to drive operational excellence and efficiency across multiple teams and locations, promoting best practice standards and approaches, effecting change where appropriate to achieve results.
- Collaboration and influence at Senior Management level in order to achieve best results for division and department.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows and Azure cloud development environments.
- Preferably hands on experience as an Software Engineer, Team Lead and Development Manager.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year (rules apply) and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.