Senior QA Engineer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life, Be you’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
- You are a dynamic, skilled Senior QA Engineer with a passion for technology and automation and a keen sense of pride in the work you do.
- You are collaborative, pragmatic, positive, competitive, assertive, commercially aware and driven to continuous learning/improvement.
- You demonstrate great communication skills and are able to communicate with, and advise stakeholders in various departments at various levels, making recommendations based on risk, commercial factors, Quality approach and strategic objectives.
- You show a great understanding of best practices, including: Why QA is necessary, objectives, cost of defects, principles of testing, software development models, testing levels & types.
- You demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and plan the QA sprint/release activities, prioritising your work, and help unblock others, in accordance with sprint goals.
- You have the capability and motivation to enable Automated Testing to embrace a more engineering focus.
- You are a technical person with knowledge of automation frameworks, performance, load and security testing.
- You are able to report risks and observations and identify areas where further testing may be required.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work with and improve our internal Quality Assistance process within a fast-moving, agile environment.
- Design and develop testing to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensure QA standards are established, known, coached and followed within an agile team.
- Manage effective test ware control, ensuring test packs are maintained, kept relevant and (where appropriate) version controlled.
- Understand and actively encourage automation design principles, best practices, coverage and strategy.
- Actively contribute to refinement, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk, and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
- Participate in defect identification, replication and communication including risks and required resolutions. Report and track root cause trends.
- Own Quality centred activities including: static reviews, collaboration with Development and Product, planning, early discovery of defects, exploratory testing techniques, optimal running of regression periods and pro-active risk management.
As a well-rounded Senior QA Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Understanding of Test Design techniques for optimal coverage, including: requirements coverage, end-to-end testing, boundary value analysis, equivalence partitioning, exploratory testing, User Paths and scenarios, and data-driven testing.
- Demonstrable expertise in the whole testing life cycle including knowledge of various test methodologies, the definition of test plans and test scripts, test execution and raising defects.
- Experience in creating and maintaining regression packs.
- Experience working with SaaS or Web-based products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience in E2E UI web automation using Selenium and Playwright
- Good understanding of Risk and how to identify and assess it, including Risk-based Testing
- Experience in assisting in the development of test processes and improvements
- Desirable: ISTQB/ISEB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing, experience in testing of API layer, performance testing, data-driven testing, knowledge of Microsoft Azure DevOps.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.