Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day!
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are an enthusiastic, capable, and imaginative individual with a passion for technology and looking to expand your career in a fast-paced dynamic company. You have a desire be part of a constantly evolving high performing team and be responsible for the full development lifecycle of new product functionality utilising latest agile best practises. You are an excellent multi-tasker, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and proactively adjust plans according to business needs. You are seeking to be exposed to a wide variety of technology to help you grow and evolve your skillset.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work within a small high performing team working on Bookboon our eBook Publisher platform which specialise in a range of online learning & content marketing solutions.
- The technology you will work with includes Kubernetes, fully automated CI/CD, Go based API using Elasticsearch, MariaDB, React, redux and SCSS for frontend.
- Work with product owners, UX designer, developers, and QA to solve problems faced by our customers every day.
- Get to use the latest Devops tooling to accelerate delivery of your solutions to market – these tools help us achieve things such as observability, feature flagging, static code analysis.
- Be involved in every aspect of design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies.
- Help to ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, and clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate.
- Hone your problem-solving skills, by Analysing, identifying, and fixing root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
- Actively work in a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for QA activities.
- Enhance your skillset and knowledge by testing own work and that of others to ensure quality.
As a well-rounded Senior Developer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- 3 years + experience in Go development, with experience with JS frameworks such as React, Vue or Angular.
- Degree with relevance e.g. Computer Science.
- Experience with Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with Kafka is a plus.
- Experience with React is a plus.
- Knowledge of PHP is a plus.
- Knowledge of Symfony6 is a plus.
- Limited Dev Ops Knowledge is a plus.
- Use of source controls systems, e.g. Git, Azure DevOps.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong troubleshooting skills, log analysis, etc.
- Self-starter who will get tasks going, and Drive to completion.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including ability to multi-task across different projects, releases and work well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
• Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
• Work - life balance
• Hybrid/Remote working
• Flexible working hours
• Competitive salary package
• Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
• Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
• Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
• 7 Card Sport Allowance
• Meal tickets
• Referral Bonus
• Christmas Bonus
• Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
• Other benefits
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for. We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun! What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family! Love Work. Love Life. Be You.