Escalation & Problem Manager
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
As Escalation and Problem Manager, you will be the front face of the organisation for clients should they experience unplanned service impact of a critical nature. You will provide the trusted and central point of quality communication for our customers and our internal engineering groups through to restoring of service, and then pursue the necessary ongoing root cause investigations.
As Escalation and Problem Manager you will also take ownership of the problem management process across all our platforms, identifying underlying trends and / or driving risk mitigation activity for live service. You will play a critical role in driving stability and performance KPI that underpin our core customer offerings, and ensuring resolver groups are focussed on improving customer experience.
If you’re an experienced Escalation & Problem Manager who can provide first class communications with support and advice, then this is an excellent opportunity to progress your career.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for the below including, but not exclusive to:
- Take ownership of escalated incidents and initial triage, aligned to SLA and contractual commitments, to qualify P1 or MI requirements.
- Lead cross functional technical groups through the MI process, including stakeholder and customer engagement, through to restoration of service.
- Engagement with vendors / 3rd parties as and when required to accelerate customer recovery activity.
- Represent AMS within an Group wide Major Incidents, and ensure we are aligned in terms of process, monitoring and governance.
- Define, deliver and continuously review the effectiveness of our escalation and problem management processes, the execution of the process and proactively drive any improvements.
- Providing qualitative feedback on MI / escalations to resolver groups to aid service improvements and personal development where appropriate.
- Act as subject matter expect within AMS for incident and problem management and support education and upskilling where needed.
- Ensure Problem cases are raised and managed for major / high volume incidents, and maintain a view on ownership and progress.
- Provide oversight reporting and KPI data for P1, MI, RCA pipeline and associated problem ticket insights.
- Provide oversight and direction for improvements within our knowledge base and known error logs.
- Feed in to key improvement processes such as risk management, project initiation and vendor selection to effectively represent problem management requirements.
Knowledge and experience of IT Service Management processes and procedures: -
- Escalation & Major Incident Management
- Problem Management
- Service Request Management
- Change Management and understanding change management processes
- Service Delivery Management, including Complaints and Escalations process.
- Service Catalogue / Service Level Management
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- Experience in an ITIL analyst or in an associated discipline, Problem Management, Change Management.
- Three or more years of demonstrated experience supporting clients in an MSP environment.
- Demonstrable experience handling Customer communication in a complaints / escalation environment.
- Excellent Customer Facing and Collaborative Skills
- Strong analytical skills balanced with technical understanding with the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of technical and managerial staff
- Understanding of our core technology stack:
- Citrix Environments
- ITIL Framework
- Mobile Devices and Technologies
- Windows Server Environments
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.