Partner Account Manager – People HR
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 3 million users and over 75,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
The Partner Account Manager role will work closely with their portfolio of partners, with a focus on increasing partner revenue to Access. A key responsibility will be to establish a trusted relationship with significant partners, and understand their specific business objectives and any of their key challenges. It will also involve reviewing their go to market strategies, and understand how our solutions can help to support them. Partners will need to be regularly updated with our latest updates and potential solutions, and we need to work to support any strategic opportunities which they may have. There is a requirement to increase partner revenue, and to report to the business on any strategies and plans to meet this objective.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work strategically with partners to understand their core business objectives, and how we can align our own solution, to support them.
- Achieve a revenue growth target through a portfolio of channel partners.
- Develop existing partner relationships to encourage greater sales of Access content.
- Target potential new strategic partners and develop the partner portfolio
- Have a very good understanding of all Access IP and relevant 3rd party products
- Be responsible for developing your own knowledge of the Access partner proposition, and know when to call for assistance
- Respond to enquiries quickly and efficiently and provide feedback to cultivate the rest of the team
- Build a good relationship with partners and nurture every opportunity
- Host meetings at all levels with new and existing partners
- Once a sale is made, ensure a smooth handover to the projects team
- Provide the highest level of service, and technical expertise to partners at all times
- You may be required to attend exhibitions, host seminars, present sales ideas or attend meetings in support of other salespeople which may include several nights away from home
- Be prepared to organise telephone reference sites or site visits for either you own or other team member’s prospects
- To work in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Be expected to coach the customer to avail of new opportunities cross division within the Access Group
- Ensure you stay up to date with your Industry expertise
As a well-rounded Channel Development Manager your Engagement, Skills and Experiences likely include:
Great attitude and engagement:
- Be a motivated self-starter, who consistently demonstrates an enthusiastic, never give up attitude
- A creative thinker, who can think “outside the box”
- Ability and willingness to work independently or as a team
- Strong contributer to the partner team, generating ideas and supporting the overall success of the partner channel
- Good time management
Work Confidently with Partners:
- Strong needs analysis capability, and an ability to ask detailed questions
- An ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of business processes and practices
- Excellent presentation skills, and be able to clearly and confidently articulate Access, our solutions, and the benefits of working with us
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to build rapport at all levels of an organisation
- Persuasive and compelling in expressing ideas and concepts
- Strong written communication skills with an attention to detail
- A track record in providing solutions to the associated market
- Excellent computer skills specifically with Microsoft Office
- Be accountable for delivering against your growth target
- Generate executable and measurable strategies for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual targets
- Think creatively on potential commercial models to support a partner’s route to market
Key Skills Required for the Position:
- GCSE A-C in Maths and English.
- Degree qualified in relevant subject.
- Previous experience in a B2B sales role.
- Previous field sales experience.
- Able to work on own initiative.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
- Able to prioritise a demanding workload.
- Excellent communication skills, telephone, email and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Act with integrity, loyalty and honesty.
- Develop positive relationships, co-operation with, and support for colleagues and clients.
- Demonstrate a positive approach.
- Show a commitment to self-development and lifelong learning.
- Travel and overnight stays where required.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
- A Competitive Salary
- Giving Back/Charity days
- Quarterly Socials
- 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
- The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.
Become part of our amazing Access family!