Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
About you-Job Description
• Provide 2nd line customer contact for incidents and service requests, and support first line overflow when required (peak volumes / out of hours)
• Proactive monitoring and response to platform alerts and events across all MSP and Legal Hosting Platforms
• Management and execution of technical change to customer environments and platforms.
• Regularly updating incidents logged on the Incident Management system and provide end users with a technical solution within Service Level Agreements.
• Proactively keeping Customers informed on incident or request status and progress.
• Escalation of incidents where a first time fix is not possible to relevant 3rd line resolver group or technology vendors.
• Engagement and management of third party / vendor response to incidents and appropriate escalations for the customer.
• Invoke appropriate internal hierarchical escalation processes, and support formal Major Incident Management process.
• Identify and escalate potential underlying problems to Problem and Incident Management leaders.
• Deliver maintenance / operational service runbooks to maintain the estate and proactively update the platforms (backups, patching, archiving).
• Maintain a view of capacity thresholds and alerting aligned to defined customer standards.
• Drive delivery of service requests activity and queue management.
• Act as a role model for technical competence, helpfulness, facilitation of learning and teamwork for first line engineers.
Skills and experience
• Minimum 12 months’ experience as an engineer within a similar environment
• Strong demonstrable knowledge of general IT platforms, applications and underlying infrastructure.
• Industry recognised qualifications in relevant area is desirable
• Proven Customer service skills with direct customer contact.
• Technical skills :
o MS Active Directory and MS365 (Essential)
o Windows Desktop OS (Essential)
o Windows Server Operating Systems (Essential)
o Citrix Environments (Essential)
o Application support of applications from major vendors such as Microsoft, Cisco, Citrix, VMWare, VEEAM etc (Essential)
o Hardware troubleshooting of both desktop and server hardware. (Desirable)
• Knowledge of supporting VDI environments (Essential)
• Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in Maths and English, with English first language required for customer contact.
• Understanding of the ITIL framework and knowledge of the various associated disciplines is desirable
• Experience of working to SLAs and KPIs and to be able to accurately describe their importance.
• Positive, enthusiastic and supportive individual.
• Ability to take ownership of and progress incidents to resolution.
• Communication and interpersonal skills including listening, building rapport, establishing empathy whilst demonstrating awareness of internal and external
issues in a calm and polite manner.
• Ability to work under pressure and apply existing knowledge to unknown areas.
• Ability to work in a team and to support team members.
• Willingness to share knowledge and develop junior members of the team.
• Taking ownership and leading deeper technical issues and improvements.
• Structured troubleshooting skills and inquisitive nature.
• Passionate, professional, with a ‘can-do’ attitude at all times
• Proactive thinking with Problem management and Problem solving
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year (rules apply) and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.