Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life, Be you’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Access Assure is the leading remote monitoring platform providing insights and prolonging independence. The platform consists of the Assure Home Hub, Mobile App and Dashboard with advanced reporting and analytics capability. The Junior App Engineer will be responsible for driving the design and development of the Assure Mobile App.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design, develop and iteratively release quality driven software solutions following Agile methologies to meet agreed requirements and acceptance criteria using a range of languages and technologies.
- Write clean, self-documenting code that is well structured, well-named and easy to read. Ensuring development starndards are established, known and followed within an agile team
- Actively contribute to requirement discussions and analysis, whilst taking responsibility for understanding the scope, risk and complexity of changes, and where appropriate, provide feedback to the requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Analyse, identify and fix the root cause of defects throughout the various layers of an application.
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability.
- Support the team's sprint deliverables, through proactive contribution to planning, ownership of tasks, identification of dependencies and effective management of risks and product security.
- Actively promote a quality focussed approach within the team, showing ownership for quality activities and collaboration with the QA team. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
- Helps to ensure value is achieved through development by understanding customer requirements, identifying dependencies and risk, clearly communicating and escalating where appropriate.
- Actively working with the team to take ownership in the complete life cycle of product development, from refinement to release.
- Expert understanding of hybrid mobile app development frameworks such as Xaramin, React Native, Ionic, Flutter, PhoneGap
- Experience in using distributed source control Git
- Deep understanding of mobile app architectures
- Familiar with Firebase Console, Google Play Store, App Store and app release processes
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum processes
- Good understand of CI/DI concepts and experience using automation for built and deployment
- Experience using RESTfull API’s and GraphQL to query and alter data via API’s
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits
you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!