Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
The ideal candidate will be working within a similar position currently and have sound, demonstrable commercial experience of working on SaaS products on mobile or desktop platforms or developing Style Guides and Design Systems.
- You are an accomplished Front-end engineer building high quality software, ideally using ReactJS.
- You take pride in your work, ensuring that we delight users with our software and make their lives easier every day.
- You demonstrate the ability to prioritise your work, and help unblock others, in accordance with sprint goals.
- You display ownership, responsibility, and good decision-making.
- You have a strong understanding of software industry engineering standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
- You have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- You have the ability and motivation to test your own work and that of others to ensure we maintain our high-quality standards.
- You have direct experience working with delivery pipelines, contributing to a shared codebase.
You have a great eye for detail and can easily convert designs into pixel perfect code. Knows the team standards and rules inside out. You’re able to suggest styling changes to fix and assist others and debug code
Day-to-day, you will:
- Work in an Agile (Scrum) team, delivering high quality software focussed on delivering team results through both your individual contribution, and assisting other team members.
- Actively contribute to refinement, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
- Contribute to the continuous development of processes and improvements.
- Identify and remove technical debt, providing good business justification for prioritisation.
- Analyse, identify and fix root cause of defects throughout the various layers of a platform.
- Understand, identify and adhere to design patterns, coding standards and Definition of Done.
- Creation of technical documentation where required.
- Take ownership of key technical components or areas of code.
Support testing of the team’s output where required
- Technology & Tools:
- Visual Studio Code
- Browser Dev Tools
- Automated Build (CI) and Deployments
- Jenkins/Azure DevOps
- Git-based Source Control
- Desirable Experience:
- Custom Web Compilers such as StencilJS
What does Access offer you?
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- 7 Card Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits