Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life, Be you’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company.
Are you ready for the challenge?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
We are seeking an experienced and proactive UX Researcher to join our Not-for-Profit and Education (NPE) team, to help improve the experience of existing products and support decision making around future products and features. The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate a good level of knowledge and experience in user research and testing, excellent communication skills, and strong organisational skills. You will lead in conducting user research activities, user testing, analysing research findings, and presenting to senior stakeholders to support project work across the team and to help improve user research standards and resources across the UX team.
This role will suit people who are:
• Proactive in continuous learning and development, staying up to date with trending research methodologies and tooling.
• Capable of identifying the best approach and methodology to answer key product related questions.
• Confident in owning the development, execution, and analysis of both quantitative and qualitative research studies.
• Experienced in conducting controlled user tests and accurately interpreting statistical data.
• Meticulous with strong organisational skills to manage several research projects at any one time, and to maintain materials and documentation.
• Curious and resilient, willing to have their views shaped and challenged by user feedback.
• Able to communicate effectively and collaborate with cross-functional teams and key stakeholders, persuading and arguing for the users’ best interests.
• Eager to learn and grow in the field of UX research while contributing to the development of design processes and workflows.
• Liaise with product managers to identify research needs, and plan activities to meet the identified needs and timescales.
• Lead in conducting user research activities such as interviews, surveys, and usability testing.
• Analyse research findings to identify user needs, motivations, and pain points, and discover opportunities for improvement.
• Create insights and communicate findings to key stakeholders.
• Create and utilise assets such as personas, Jobs-to-be-Done (JTBD), journey maps, and UX metrics.
• Work with the NPE team and the wider UX community to make the UX team more efficient, standardised and collaborative.
• Help in creating and maintaining playbooks, how to guidelines and templates for tools like Userzoom, Dovetail etc.
• Improve your own proficiency in the standard tooling across the UX team.
As a UX team member at access you will be expected to:
• Collaborate with UX and sprint team members, building new relationships and sharing input and ideas freely.
• Confidently facilitate group sessions and workshops with internal and external collaborators.
• Actively seek and embrace constructive feedback, demonstrating humility and resilience when opportunities for growth are highlighted.
• Adapt rapidly to changing priorities, commercial considerations, and technical constraints.
• Actively participate in the UX community to foster a collaborative and supportive work environment.
We would like to hear about one or two research and / or testing projects you have conducted, your role within these, the findings you obtained and how these were able to inform product decision making.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
• Other benefits
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!