Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
As a technical developer, you will be working on development projects that relate to front-end, databases and analytics, which will require a variety of programming languages and technical skills.
The quality and efficiency of the work you do, will directly impact clients and their experience with The Access Group.
You are responsible for understanding best practices and applying them with regards to Data Manipulation, Data Analysis, Core Web Vitals, Page Speed Insights (PSI), SEO (Search Engine Optimization) & mobile first approach.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Write elegant, efficient, and testable code that is easy to maintain and debug
• Develop new components and web applications
• Debug, troubleshoot & maintain existing web applications and strive to make them better
• Identify performance issues and bugs, and providing solutions to these problems
• Participating in code reviews and sprint ceremonies
• Work in an Agile (Scrum) team, delivering high quality software focused on delivering team results through your individual contribution.
• Actively contribute to requirements discussions and requirements analysis, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
• Champion a quality focused approach including: good planning; branching, environment and codebase management; promoting/participating in early discovery of defects; code reviews; unit, component, and integration testing practices;
Skills & Experience:
• Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design principles with the ability to translate into fluid and responsive templates is a must
• You know your way around UI/UX (not just what the acronyms stand for) and understand the impact of a well thought out user journey and a highly satisfied team of users
• You operate with an ownership mentality, and can deliver what is assigned to you fully and deliver to a high standard within set timelines
• You are open, curious and a self-starter who looks to always learn and diversify their skills
• The ability to plan, prioritize and work on several projects at once.
• The ability to quickly learn new concepts, applications, and technologies.
• Work experience in a field that emphasizes technical, creative and analytical skills
• Demonstrate ability to with junior team members to coach and share knowledge effectively
• Excellent client facing skills, working with clients at all levels.
• Be self-driven and take the initiative to ask questions, raise concerns and communicate ideas to Department Leads
• Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
• 1+ years of experience in web development or related fields - If you are self-taught and have superior knowledge in variety of programming languages, databases, data manipulation tools and data conversion principles to trade with experience – we would love to hear from you!
• Strong working knowledge of developing cross platform/browser compatibility (Chrome, IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.) for dynamic web applications
• Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as (Git / Mercurial / SVN)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year (rules apply) and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.