Senior Project Manager
*Remote with occasional days in Loughborough
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
You will be responsible for managing projects of all types and sizes involving the Access People Division software products and that are delivered from within the Professional Services part of the business as well as other areas of the business.
You will be expected to plan, co-ordinate and closely monitor the implementation of your project portfolio for external customers and potentially to manage internal projects also. These projects combine technical and operational natures as well as being of varying durations dependent on the scale and scope, handed over from the point of sale.
In the event of projects requiring a bespoke integration or a bespoke piece of software, you will be expected to manage and deliver the requirements successfully in line with agreed plans and timescales, whilst liaising with our technical and Development teams.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Have ownership of the overall project including creating plans, ensuring burn rates are monitored, days are aligned to the roll out plan and customer satisfaction is high. (95%)
- Attend weekly Project Team meetings with the customer to report on the progress of projects including the current financial situation and the customer’s status. You will also discuss any risks or issues regarding the progress of the project and offer mitigation to resolve said risks.
- Ensure project milestones are adhered to by all parties by maintaining constant and consistent communication channels and ensuring that the relevant sign off documents are procured.
- Liaise with the PMO and or Programme Management to ensure that any issues regarding days burnt, start and end dates, assignments and planning are communicated.
- Attend and chair Steering meetings and/or conference calls with customers and with internal stakeholders.
- Ensure all communication is fully documented and recorded and any relevant internal documentation/communication should also be recorded against the customer in line with internal project implementation methodology.
- Work closely with the New Business and Account Management Teams to ensure they have access to the best technical advice and consultancy support.
- Work closely with all other internal teams to ensure there is clear communication on all projects and where required attend internal inter-departmental meetings.
- Manage customer issues/objections through to their resolution.
- Liaise with customers in meetings, both in person or over the phone to discuss their business needs and requirements. Will be especially proficient in running remote meetings via Teams, Zoom etc
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- Previous experience implementing and managing large HR and Payroll change programmes and projects to an organisation’s software solutions & systems.
- Having worked for a software supplier in a delivery role and been in a customer-facing role.
- Project Management qualification (PRINCE2 or similar) not essential.
- Being able to identify opportunities for cross sell or upsell that will happen organically as the project progresses, leading to additional Change Request opportunities.
- Having natural ability for customer relationship building at all levels and influencing an experienced team of implementation consultants whilst driving project solution through to successful resolution.
- Strong communication, organisational and administrative skills.
- Possessing commercial awareness
- Being highly motivational and flexible and wanting to be part of a team culture that wins.
- Having a level of technical ability and knowledge to be able to understand and document the proposed solution and translate that into a “joined-up” vision to the Customer and Consultant team.
- Providing pre-sales assistance where required to both the New Business and Account Management teams, via on site meetings, conference calls and example project documentation.
- Knowledge of Teamwork/Test Rail/Jira and Salesforce would be advantageous.
The role may include national travel that may include overnight stays.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.