Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality.
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this passion that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
About the role:
As a Senior Data Engineer, in this hybrid role, you will be part of Unleashed Software (a SaaS product and a member of the Access family) in the ERP division and be based in the Auckland office, working with other engineers in New Zealand.
You’ll be working closely with a team of developers, QA’s and Product people to shape the requirements for the Unleashed Software intelligence capabilities.
Day to day you will:
- As a member of a high performing, self-organising team, you’ll be responsible for the end-to- end development, deployment, monitoring and ownership of application services and components.
- Collaborate with the Product team on functional requirements, and work with our enabler teams in the QA, Platform and DevOps space to ensure consistently high-quality deliverables.
- You’ll encourage innovation and creative problem solving, challenging the status-quo, whilst being totally committed to adding value to the business and our customers.
Your skills and experience may include:
We are looking for talented engineers who are ready and willing to learn, even if your experience may not be a perfect match for our technical stack. Our ideal candidate has a mix of skills such as:
- 5+ years hands-on software development experience.
- 3+ years in an agile development and product development environment
- Knowledge of modern BI concepts - data warehouse star schemas, dimension and fact tables, ETL.
- Proficient with data layer programming languages - primarily PostgreSQL and SQL Server
- Understanding of large systems application development including performance and security requirements.
- Exposure to development tools used in continuous integration, source code management and test automation.
- Proven success in an agile development environment and an understanding of development frameworks such as TDD, or scrum.
- Experience in designing and building applications using cloud technologies (Azure or AWS).
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our wellbeing days taking you to 25 days leave a year (rules apply) and a health contribution you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have 3 charity days you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be whom we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.