Editorial and Content Manager
Join the Access Family and see how we make learning ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access we love digital learning and how learning technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
Our learning content team is made up of talented editors and content creators working across a range of learning products. We use best practice in copywriting, learning design and content development to create high impact learning experiences which solve our clients’ problems. We work with thousands of subject matter experts to ensure our content is relevant, credible and accurate. We are an innovative and energetic team who love collaborating and pushing the boundaries of learning.
You are a passionate editorial professional who cares about creating impactful and engaging content. You are an experienced leader, who has managed content, learning or editorial teams. You are able to run the production and/or editorial process on different types of content. You are meticulous about ensuring all learning resources are created on time, on budget and to a high quality. You are highly commercial and can quantify the value of the content you produce as well as its fit in the market. You care deeply about your authors and subject matter experts and creating a community where they can thrive.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Line manage a multi-lingual, international team of editors, digital designers and learning content creator
- Own the editorial process from author recruitment to online publication, ensuring high quality titles are published on time and on budget
- Ensure commissioning targets are set and delivered
- Build excellent author and subject matter expert relationships and communities
- Oversee the payment of royalties to our authors
- Use commercial data to allocate resources and ensure costs are set and tracked
- Identify blockers to roadmap delivery and formulate solutions to bring project back on track
- Set and execute editorial and content production quality frameworks
- Analyse KPIs and use to drive production efficiencies
- Meet with senior stakeholders to update on progress and issues
- Resolve complex technical issues
As a well-rounded Editorial and Content Manager your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Experienced line manager
- Extensive experience in either publishing, editorial or content production
- Extensive project management experience with the ability to drive projects to completion
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues and ensuring solutions are implemented
- Taking a high level of ownership and unblocking issues for the team
- Proven experience creating robust quality assurance frameworks
- Active interest in learning and publishing trends
- Taking a data driven approach to decision making
- Strong understanding of a product environment and associated commercial data
- Promoting a positive working environment
- Multi-lingual in particular German (desirable)
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.