Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
- You are a Quality Engineer who is comfortable writing code tests within a framework.
- You take pride in your work, ensuring that we delight users with our software and make their lives easier every day.
- You demonstrate the ability to plan QE sprint/release activities, prioritising your work, and help unblock others, in accordance with sprint goals.
- You display responsibility and good decision-making.
- You have a strong understanding of software engineering standards, applying them appropriately to the scenario at hand.
- You have a good understanding of source code management best practice (using Git), and ability to troubleshoot issues.
- You demonstrate a clear passion for quality being applied throughout the SDLC.
- You have the capability and motivation to enable the Automated Testing to embrace a more engineering focus.
- You likely have direct experience working with delivery pipelines, contributing to a shared codebase.
- You demonstrate a strong understanding of the difference between functional and non-functional test types, and equally you can demonstrate knowing where and when to apply them.
- Work with team members to become technically proficient with our Test Automation frameworks
- Deliver high quality software focused on Test Automation.
- Take ownership for enhancements to our Test Automation frameworks
- Actively contribute to refinement, and take responsibility for understanding scope, risk, and complexity of changes from inception through to delivery.
- Identify and remove technical debt from the Test Automation frameworks
- Create relevant test documentation.
- Carry out manual testing activities when required.
- Support the team's sprint deliverables, through proactive contribution to planning, ownership of tasks, identification of dependencies, and basic risk management
As a well-rounded QA Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Automated testing frameworks. Playwright specifically.
- Experience of using restful APIs for integration.
- Use of source controls systems, e.g. Git, Azure DevOps.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-starter who will get tasks going, and Drive to completion.
Would be beneficial to have experience of:
- Some knowledge of event sourcing systems
- REACT Testing library
- Risk Management systems
- Static code analysis, e.g. SonarQube.
Access offer you?
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Flexible working hours
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- Sport Allowance
- Meal tickets
- Referral Bonus
- Christmas Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits