Senior Software Engineer
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and develop software solutions to meet agreed acceptance criteria and stories using a range of languages and technologies. Ensure dev standards are established, known and followed within Scrum team.
- Actively participate in requirements analysis
- Analyse, identify and fix of root cause of defects, using debugging techniques and tools
- Identify, compartmentalise and execute refactoring where commercially/technically necessary, with a focus on maintainability
- Proactively contribute to Technical Roadmap, demonstrating good understanding of technical, commercial and risk factors, and recommending priorities.
- Own, manage and be accountable for specific projects and deliverables, managing risks and dependencies with autonomy.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and direction to other members of the development team
- Champion a quality focussed approach showing ownership for QA activities and collaboration with the QA colleagues. Prepared to test own work and that of others to ensure quality.
As a well-rounded Senior Engineer, you would have:
What does Access offer you?
- We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
- Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
- Work - life balance
- Hybrid/Remote working
- Competitive salary package
- Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
- Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
- Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
- Referral Bonus
- Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
- Other benefits
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work, Love Life and Be you. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for. We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun! What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family! Love Work. Love Life. Be You.