Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love work, Love life’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day, to help us become a UK top 10 Software company driven through adoption of the Access Workspace platform.
Access Health, Support & Care is one the fastest growing divisions within the company, with several best-of-breed solutions for the market. Underpinned by Access Workspace technology, we are building a game-changing Health, Support & Care ecosystem that makes a real positive difference to our clients and their clients, and we want you to be part of this exciting journey.
Are you ready for the challenge?
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not-for-profits and more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 10,000 organizations rely on Access software to help their organizations thrive.
First and foremost, you are a MS SQL T-SQL expert with a complete knowledge of this technology. You are a proactive, thorough, and independent while also comfortable closely collaborating with a wider team. Highly motivated to deliver will designed, well optimised, secure, and highly available data solutions to an application or set of services. An excellent communicator and team player, with a genuine desire to help collegues and customers/users. A keen and fast learner who enjoys leaning new technologies, tools, and skills. Hardworking, tenacious and determined. Very adaptable, and able to cope with a fast paced working environment.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Review, profile, diagnose and maintain large scale complex MSSQL / T-SQL databases.
- Be an expert resource in T-SQL.
- Support a development team in ensuring best data architecture, design, and implementation practises are followed when implementing new features or services.
- Profile and analyse existing data stores and recommend improvements and optimisations to leaders.
- Take lead or sole ownership of performance optimisations within the database, or lower application layers (data layer, ORM).
- Define, own, and maintain data level performance KPIs and metrics.
- Log trawling and troubleshooting production data issues using APMs, monitoring tools, application logs, etc.
- Write, or support others in writing, complex scripts or procedures to maintain, delete, restructure, or otherwise manipulate data in large scale production environments.
- Advise on and champion application data security.
- Assist developers, DBAs, and DevOps engineers in some production data management; maintaining schema, indexes, cross estate consistency, etc.
- Support QA Engineers in testing at the data level.
- Be involved in supporting or participating in application software delivery using SCRUM or KanBan methodologies.
- Executing automation pipelines in MS Azure.
- Documenting data architecture, design, models, best practices.
- Report to an Engineering Manager and work closely with Engineering leads & principles.
- Support P1 incident managers in solving critical productions issues if required.
As a well-rounded SQL Engineer, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
- Good understanding of Execution Plans.
- Knowledge of using Extended Events and interpretation of results.
- Good understanding of Indexes and indexing strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of TSQL including:
- Stored Procedures / Views / Functions
- Window functions
- Knowledge of Query Store and use in performance monitoring.
- Technical stack:
- MS SQL Server / T-SQL – Expert Level.
- C# – intermediate or better.
- APMs: AppDynamics, NewRelic, SolarWinds, Redgate SQL Monitor.
- MS Azure DevOps – at least basic familiarity.
- MS Azure cloud hosting and native application technologies – advanced or expert knowledge of MS Azure storage (SQL, Blob, Table).
- Swagger and REST API experience useful.
- Atlassian Confluence.
- Azure Repos/GIT.
- Having a strong understanding of full stack software development. Although you will specialise in the data level it is vital you know and be able to advise on how to design and implement strong software up the stack to ensure no detrimental effects on data stores when used at scale.
- Capable of configuring popular database engines and orchestrating clusters as necessary
- Closely collaborating with a Product Engineering Development team consisting of Product Managers, BA/Product Owners, and QA Engineers.
- Experience working in a wider community of Data Engineers, DBAs, Data Architects, and Architects.
- Strong communicator (written and verbal). Good interpersonal skills. Update to manage stakeholders at every level.
- Have a foundational knowledge of software deployment and distribution on networks and cloud platforms.
- Some DevOps skills and experience welcome.
- Expert at examining RML traces to identify issues and optimisations.
- Social care industry knowledge ideal by not required.
- Able to cope with a fast paced working environment.
- Production DBA experience beneficial.
- Experience in diagnosing and solving production issues under pressure.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
• Healthy, friendly, and inclusive culture
• Work - life balance
• Hybrid/Remote working
• Flexible working hours
• Competitive salary package
• Great Holiday Package (starting from 25)
• Charity day – day off paid by the company for volunteering activities
• Private Healthcare & Life Insurance
• 7 Card Sport Allowance
• Meal tickets
• Referral Bonus
• Christmas Bonus
• Big Break – all-inclusive holiday paid by the company
• Other benefits