Senior Regulatory Compliance Officer
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
At Access we are committed to the highest standards of control, governance, and independent oversight. We are searching for someone with extensive experience in the financial industry and proven experience in a compliance function that is excited to support the design and help shape the future of oversight and compliance within the Access PaySuite Payment Division
Strong problem solving, operational process and analytical skills is a must as is experience with regulators and the regulatory exam process in financial institutions. This role will demand high levels of energy and creativity, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the desire to work in a growing and changing environment. You will also need have a passion for problem solving.
This role will support the Divisional Head of Compliance drive the implementation of compliance governance, risk assessment and controls across the Access PaySuite Payments Division, ensuring that we meet our regulatory obligations. The Senior Compliance Officer has broad, cross functional responsibilities, working closely across all Divisional functions to ensure that compliance processes are embedded within the operational function. The role holder will also ensure that the Divisional personnel are properly trained, and all compliance processes are scalable, and metrics are accurately reported.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Support the Divisional Head of Compliance set the tone of compliance culture throughout the Division
- Implement the approved Compliance strategic policy and manage the implementation of risk related AML and Compliance processes
- Working with the Head of Compliance to identify, measure and manage compliance risk to ensure that the payment division behaves ethically and consistently in full compliance with the relevant laws and regulatory requirements and that the payment division policies, procedures and business practices
- Implement standards and procedures to ensure that the compliance programmes throughout the payment division are effective and efficient in identifying, preventing, detecting, and correcting noncompliance with applicable laws and regulations
- Monitor, review and analyse regulations and regulatory change as well as industry best practice and update the Horizon Scanning tracker as appropriate
- Carry out internal regulatory audits across the division and support external audits including annual safeguarding audit and develop, update regulatory policies
- Ensure that the implementation of the AML and Compliance policy, procedures, and processes through the monthly Compliance monitoring plan
- Maintain the enterprise risk register
- Provide guidance, advice and or training and educational programmes to improve business understanding of related laws and regulatory requirements
- Lead a programme to Improve the regulatory training requirements for the Division to ensure close alignment to the Payment industry
- Support the Head of Compliance in the submission and interactions with regulators on Compliance issues
- Support the Head of compliance with ad-hoc projects and tasks when requested
- Proactively identify situations that may pose significant compliance risk, and ensure that relevant policies, procedures and business practices
- Apply monitoring mechanisms to assess the level of compliance of the departments and Company employees
- Participating and collaborating in compliance advisory and integration projects as well as conduct compliance assessment and define requirements as needed for the approval of business projects and initiatives such as new product development and changes to existing products
- Support the Head of Compliance in the preparation of reports to Divisional Management and Board , escalating any key or high-risk compliance issues within our existing governance structure
- Day to day monitoring and audit oversight from a compliance perspective for the Payments business
- Detect, record, and evaluate, at least on an annual basis, all risks arising from existing and new clients and merchants, new products and services and updates and amend the systems and procedures applied by the Company
- Complete the FCA submissions and returns
- Ensure the Customer Duty Programme is embedded and monitored across the Division
- Working cross-functionally across multiple teams to ensure execution against regulatory requirements and internal policies
- Undertake investigation into formal customer complaints escalated to Divisional Compliance and as required respond to the Financial Ombudsman requests
- Carryout reviews as 2nd line defence on Compliance escalations from Sales, Risk and Operations. to identify clear steps necessary to mitigate regulatory risks and provide those recommendations in the form of clear business requirements
- Partnering with Product and Engineering to educate and drive the appropriate execution of compliance requirements
Skills and Experience to include:
- Qualified to degree level in an appropriate field – compliance qualification desirable
- Worked in a compliance function in financial services for at least 3 years
- Preferable payment sector experience
- Good understanding of regulatory framework and compliance requirements associated with financial services
- Able to oversee and manage multi projects, and is comfortable with change
- Excellent fact -finding, problem solving, data gathering and analytical skills
- skills at all levels of management
- Be able to run projects with minimal supervision.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.