Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. We’re one of the leading providers of business management software to UK, Ireland and Asia Pacific small and mid-market organisations. We help more than 55,000 customers across commercial, public sector and not-for-profit sectors become more productive and efficient. Our innovative Access Workspace cloud solutions transform the way business software is used, giving every employee the freedom to do more. Founded in 1991, The Access Group employs more than 4,700 staff.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
In this role you will support our Healthcare customers by providing technical expertise to ensure the implementation projects are delivered to a high standard, in the timescale agreed with our customers. As well as delivering technical aspects of the project e.g. installing and deploying software solutions, you will be comfortable communicating with the customer directly and providing guidance on processes and procedures.
You are expected to have excellent time management skills and will be comfortable working with multiple customers on multiple projects in a given week. You will be a self-starter who is comfortable working on tasks independently and in collaboration with teams, whilst identifying and raising any risks or concerns to ensure a smooth project delivery.
Working as part of the wider HSC team you will be comfortable working with a number of internal stakeholders (Projects, Hosting, Development, Integration and DevOps) to ensure that everyone has all the relevant technical information required to successfully deliver large complex projects.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Participate in the delivery of complex and/or large implementations to our customers in a timely and cost effective manner
- Be responsible for software installation/configuration, project testing, customer testing and support, process improvements and documentation
- Develop a strong understanding of the Access software and understand how it will interface with customer’s systems
- Perform initial triage of any issues raises during implementation and liaise with other internal departments to troubleshoot and facilitate in the resolution and application of fixes to customer environments
- Be able to demonstrate problem solving techniques for end to end resolution on project technical issues
- Demonstrate database, database management, hardware and infrastructure knowledge
- Be responsible for the installation and administration of servers
- Demonstrate understanding of internet protocols, switches, firewalls and routers
- Understand web based technologies and server side architecture (IIS)
- Be aware of application and infrastructure security standards
- Demonstrate experience of interfacing within clinical applications
- Be flexible in supporting out of hours deployments and project go lives
- SC clearance will be required as may be working with service user identifiable data from customer sites
Your skills and experiences might also include:
- Experience of working in a complex project environment with definitive objectives and deadlines, with an ability to take ownership
- Being an articulate person with excellent communication skills, both in writing and verbally
- Ability to demonstrate proactive, flexible and responsible approach to work
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent customer facing skills, with a strong customer focus
- Strong skillset in MS SQL Server, including but not limited to; hand writing SQL queries, troubleshooting SQL performance issues, manipulating and understanding data and backing up and restoring databases
- Skilled in reviewing and analysing log files to resolve issues
- Confidence or familiarity working with SSL/TLS certificates
- Working knowledge of tools such as Fiddler and Wireshark
- Working with VPNs
- Demonstrable experience with HL7 Messaging
- Familiarity with Octopus deployment software
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.