Finance Transformation Manager
Join the Access Family and see how we make software ideas become a reality!
Our core value of ‘Love Work, Love Life, Be You’ has been central to our success and so we’re looking for people to join us who share our passion for making things better every day and help us continue to grow.
We are the number one UK headquartered software provider in the UK and are forecasted to grow to a global population of over 12,000 employees by 2026.
What are we all about?
At Access, we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from the Hospitality sector, to Manufacturing industry, to Not for Profit’s to Construction, and many more.
We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business, currently helping over 60,000 customers to have the freedom to do more.
The Finance Transformation Manager is a strategic role responsible for leading and driving the finance transformation initiatives within the organization. This role involves designing and implementing changes to financial processes, systems, and methodologies to enhance efficiency, accuracy, and strategic decision-making capabilities of the finance function. This role reports to the Group Finance Director for Transformation and works closely with the Group Finance Director of Finance Operations.
We are on a journey to build the best-in-class group finance function to support the rapid growth of the Group and you will play a critical role in its success. The Group is rapidly growing both organically and through a significant number of acquisitions each year.
If you are a person who thrives in a fast-paced organisation, are hands on and with the ability to deliver high quality outputs under an ever-changing landscape, you will thrive in this role. You need to have an inquisitive mind and hunger to constantly improve process and outputs.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of finance transformation in Financial Operations
- Project manage change programmes, bringing transformation best practice experience, but combined with a hands-on approach (i.e. tangibly helping to deliver the change, working with current process owner in finance)
- Support the establishment of a best-in-class global group reporting function, through helping to define the target operating model
- Identify opportunities for process improvement, automation, and optimization within the finance function.
- Re-engineer processes by assessing current finance processes, workflows, and systems to identify inefficiencies and bottlenecks. Design and implement streamlined and standardized processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Embed processes into Business-as-Usual cadence via training the finance teams on new tools and processes and providing ongoing support
- Support the establishment of a group reporting system (GRS) from a process perspective (i.e. what do we need to change in the way we do things to support this GRS). Mitigate process risks associated with system implementations.
- Collaboration and Communication is critical. Being able to understand, explain and influence key stakeholders across the business (including cross functional) in driving a continuous transformation culture.
- Transformation is a continuous programme for us given our pace of change, so in the longer term you will be responsible for leading us through operating model changes as we expand internationally and with near-shoring opportunities.
Your skills and experiences may also include:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant
- Post qualification experience (typically 5+ years), ultimately in a finance leadership role (finance manager, or financial controller) but with a passion for transformation and changing processes
- Experience in defining processes and controls and an understanding of good financial processes (reconciliations and review processes)
- Experience in leading finance transformation projects
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Change management expertise to drive successful adoption of new processes and tools
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and identify any issues
- Effective communication and presentation skills, including conveying complex concepts to various stakeholders
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to drive changes through an organisation
- Enthusiastic attitude and a desire to improve and constantly identify better ways of working
- Ability to use own initiative to develop their own way of working and identify ways to improve things
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company, and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously and we will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference.
On top of a competitive salary, our standard 25 days holiday (which goes up the longer you’re with us), and a matched pension scheme you’ll also be able to choose from a range of benefits to suit you. We pride ourselves on being an organisation that gives back so you’ll also have a charity day you can take to support something that matters to you.
At Access we’re all about helping everyone Love Work and Love Life. Why? Because we believe people can only be their best when they can be themselves. So, if you are excited about this role, but your past experience doesn’t match perfectly, we’d still love to hear from you. You might just be who we are looking for.
We love the fact that we’re all different. We believe by having more diverse perspectives at work improves how we run our business, helps us to better support our customers, and when you think about it, it’s just more fun!
What’s holding you back? Come and be part of our Amazing Access Family!
Love Work. Love Life. Be You.